Batch LIP file generation?

Belthan

I'm using TESCS 1.0 to generate LIP files and it works just fine, but my new mod has hundreds of lines of original voice acted dialog and it's a major hassle. I have a batch file that copies & renames the files, but it's still a really tedious process. Obviously, if there was a free batch mode utility to generate LIP files, everybody would be using it. But at this point, I'd be willing to pay. The missing DLL behind the "LIP bug" in GECK seems to imply there is (or was) a third party tool that Bethesda stopped including in the GECK and later versions of TESCS, presumably because they didn't want to pay the licensing fees for thousands of TESCS & GECK users. So, does anybody know what that third party tool is (or was)?

Actually it's not a missing DLL. It's a missing folder 'Processing' under Data\Sound\Voice\
If you have Skyrim/CK then you can just copy that folder over with it's one file, to your FNV/FO3 installation, and then LIP generation works in the Geck.
As far as batch LIP generation, don't know.

YOU DA MAN!!!

Works like a charm. Being able to generate LIP files from inside GECK is actually better, because even if a batch converter existed there would still be an extra step to associate dialog text with the WAV.

• 2 months later...

Actually it's not a missing DLL. It's a missing folder 'Processing' under Data\Sound\Voice\

If you have Skyrim/CK then you can just copy that folder over with it's one file, to your FNV/FO3 installation, and then LIP generation works in the Geck.

As far as batch LIP generation, don't know.

Wow!!! I love you so much. I didn't even know you could do this. This is sooooooooooooooo much better. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• 4 months later...

@ Belthan

I missed this topic, you still need BATCH generation of .LIP files? Reason is I made an attempt to batch convert with Oblivion CS once up on a time, for FO3.

If there is a high demand I would try to make it work with GECK instead with the trick mentioned by rickerhk instead. Would be a more straight solution, I think.

AutoItLIPfileCreator http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/12767/?

There is a video in download section that kind of shows how that release works.

Thanks for the reply! Creating a txt file for each wav would have been far preferable to moving/renaming files and copy/pasting text between GECK & TESCS, but being able to generate lip files from within the GECK took most of the pain out of the process.

However, a batch utility could completely automate the process if there was a script that could parse a dialog export file and create individual text files with the correct file name for each row (or if it could use the WAV file name to find the matching row in the dialog export file and read the result text directly from there).

So, bottom line, a batch lip file generator isn't a top priority any more, but I would never say no to something that would make my life easier. Thanks again!

• 5 weeks later...