Gib Suffering

Thorn79

I'd like to see a mod made that made the gibbing in the game a bit more realistic. In real life, if someone got their arm or leg blown off they wouldn't die right away. They'd bleed to death after a few minutes. Only the human head would equal instant death in real life. So, I was wondering if it would not be possible for someone good enough to make a mod that made gibbing more realistic?

Perhaps, once an enemy gets his/her arm or leg blown off they would try to run or crawl away from the PC depending on which limb was shot off. Like if the enemy loses an arm they automatically drop their weapon and grab the bleeding nub and turn and run from the PC screaming out in agony (Bloodrayne style). If they lose a leg they drop their weapon and fall down to the ground and try to crawl/drag themselves away from the PC screaming in agony.

This way the PC has a chance to sever off another limb or two before the enemy character dies off completely. It would be cool to see an enemy lose both of their legs and try to pull and drag themselves around in a desperate last ditch effort to flee from the PC while leaving bloody drag marks behind themselves.

A mod like this would certainly need some new animations and some decent agonizing screams/yells from the enemies that die in this way.

Anybody else interested in helping push this mod idea out there for a decent modder to create? I'd be grateful! :thanks:

May not even need "new" animations.

In the case of arms:

Drop weapon and flee would just use the running animation, getting the NPC to grab their bleeding shoulder (where the arm used to be) may be possible using an existing animation, but if not then just have them run away.. Whether they grab the stump or not is a pretty minor thing and the overall effect would be great even without that little touch.

In the case of legs:

Not sure if it would be possible to use animal animations on a human model, even if not there may be some human animation in the game that could work for the dragging. I am no expert on Oblivion modding so it may not work like this, but it could be possible to play an animation but turn the character on their axis so they appear to be lying prone. Because this sort of desperate, freshly crippled, dragging without legs is an awkward clumsy sort of movement anyway, it could work alright even with an animation which was not perfect or designed for that specific purpose.

Another option for legless dragging is to let the NPC die and then script some invisible dummy object to drag the ragdoll corpse from several different point (drag the torso for movement, drag the hands to look like the NPC is pulling themselves along).

What we really need is a good script extender for Fallout 3.

This would be a great addition to this other suggestion I made a while back http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=89343&hl=

Archived