Companions

macsj

Right now your choice is hookers, mercs, and slaves. A companion that you care about and one that cares about you would be a change of pace. A story line where Amata choses to join you would be a good start. Someone that can watch your back without starting a losing firefight would be nice for a change. One that warns before they start blasting while you're sneaking up on an enemy would help. One that cares about your actions and not just joins in only to leave afterwards.

A love interest that develops beyond "do me". Some one that can care for your wounds as you care for theirs. A level beyond just thinking of your own wants and needs. A realism sadly lacking in modern RPG/FPS. A look to a genuine RPG would be a good start. Kiilem. solve puzzle, and kill some more is very limited and in the long term boring.

This is a RPG, not just a FPS. I realize that this would entail a great deal of coding but could create and RPG with a much greater level of immersion. Interaction with the NPCs is what keep

s RPGs fresh, not new enemies and weapons.

Problem is the GECK is quite limited and yes it would be a lot of work (mainly creating/designing all thedialogue), but its definetly worth a try.

Im working on a companion myself and would love to create a real relation between the player and its companions, but I dont know whats possible to accomplish.

If anyone could be as kind as answering the following questions, I sure should give it a try;)

1. Is the disposition-system in the GECK effective, can it be used to sombolize friendship/hate/neutrality or is it a leftover from the (quite ...simple) Oblivion System ?

2. Is it possible to mod diposition towards the player if he gains/loses karma,attacks good/bad persons,steals etc., regarding the karma/mood of the follower ?

3. Is it possible to let NPCs use stimpacks and the like on the player?

3a. Example: MyCompanion realizes im badly hurt (health<xy) so IF he/she posseses a stimpack, remove stimpack&heal player

I THINK all this could be possible..but its hard to realize ith a one-man army (but not impossible)...

Combat behavior could be problematic, as I think its to deep into the FO3-sourcecode.

Archived