Werewolf mod - The Beast Within

Thorn79

This is just and idea for a mod that I would like to see developed if any modder is interested pursuing it...

1. A secret underground government lab where the PC will find a chamber pod that they enter that infects them with the lycanthrope disease. Backstory government tried to create another verison of super soldier that had claws and increased "dog-like" perception and speed to use against the Chinese during the war.

2. After infection the PC automatically transforms into a werewolf every night between 9pm and 5am (in game time).

3. Outfits worn during the transformation get destroyed from the growth of transforming into a werewolf. PC inventory (weapons, items, apparel) drop to the ground where the PC transforms into a werewolf. The items will stay there and can be picked back up by the PC once they transform back into a human at 5am.

4. PC transforms back into human at 5am every morning but is nude because previously worn outfit prior to transforming into a werewolf would be torn up and destroyed. Unless the PC stripped down nude PRIOR to transformation into a werewolf at 9pm

5. A speciality item (silver necklace) that the PC can wear that prevents them from transforming into a werewolf at 9pm at the cost of skills and attributes. PC will still have to feed on live meat or bloodpacks before 3 game days pass or they will suffer damage to health and eventually die.

6. PC loses all access to their pipboy, clothes, weapons, etc while in werewolf form. They only have the power, strength, speed, claws, teeth, and instincts of a bloodthristy werewolf. No Karma loss for killing anything living (good or bad) while in werewolf form as the PC's brain would not know right from wrong - only the need to feed and survive as a werewolf.

7. PC as a werewolf is very powerful, fast, and deadly and all NPC charaters and creatures should fear the PC in this form and attempt to flee instead of fight while the PC is in the form. Wolves love the chase. Note: how all the NPCs feared and ran from the PC in the "Tranquility lane" mission as the PC was transformed into the pint-sized slasher.

8. PC needs to feed on live meat or bloodpacks every few days to prevent health damage from occuring. If PC goes too long without feeding screen goes blurry, they lose health, limbs cripple, etc.

9. A speciality drug could be added that cures the lycanthrope curse altogether but is rare and very expensive. This will allow players to turn on and off the werewolf curse by revisting the secret government lab and using the chamber pod again and using the speciality drug to cure it.

Anyways, I think this would be awesome. I've already seen one mod posted on the NEXUS called "Dark Hero" that allows the player to transform into a "fly-like" japanese superhero but I'm not into that. I'm into the werewolf theme and love movies like American werewolf in London, American werewolf in Paris, The Howling, Dog Soldiers, Ginger Snaps, etc.

How about you Oblivion kiddies just stick to this, thanks...

How about you stop bashing people for making requests? Like Fallout 3 is the most realistic game ever - sheesh! :rolleyes:

Ghouls, Super Mutants, Radroaches, Giant Scorpions - yeah, that's LOADS of realism!

So please, step off before you get kicked off!

How about you Oblivion kiddies just stick to this, thanks...

Offtopic:

Wrong Elder Scrolls, that's Not for Oblivion.

Ontopic:

a canine based FEV ought to work "as a plot device"

I support the idea though it might be tricky to implement the actual mod.

Thanks for the support! :thanks:

Check out the "Dark Hero" mod. I've looked at it using the GECK and the same format could be used to create this mod.

Only a werewolf skin would have to be made and that skin would have all the "werewolf perks" attached to it. The werewolf's hands/paws/claws might have to be seperate from the main wolf skin so that the "bloodymess perk" could be added to them while they are equiped.

Some "growling, howling, and ripping" sounds would have to be added as you run around in werewolf form. I think the game might actually have suitable sounds that could work.

The "silver necklace" would have to be made as a head gear item (meaning you couldn't wear sunglasses with it) and could be worn while in human form to prevent the inevitable transformation from happening. However, if the player takes off the necklace between 9pm and 5am and exit the pipboy they will automatically transform into a werewolf and have to wait until 5am to recover their inventory.

The hardest part would be the effect of having the player's clothes simulate ripping apart if they are wearing clothes while the transformation occurs. We don't have to actually see the clothes shredding off (would be cool though) but those clothes should become destroyed as to preserve realism. This will force players to have to choose to remove their clothes PRIOR to the transformation or put on the silver necklace and suffer a hit to their abilities and skills. Perhpas they will lose 33% or more of each skill and attribute while the necklace is worn.

Bloodpacks and live meat would be the only food source to "reset" the clock to prevent health loss, vision loss, etc. that would occur after going for 3 game days without consuming at least one of those. Obviously live meat will only work if the player is in werewolf form but bloodpacks can be consumed while in human form. Therefore, if a player just remembers to wear the silver necklace every night between 9pm and 5am and consumes at least 1 bloodpack every 3 days, they can avoid transformation. Though I think that the bloodpack consumption should be higher as to make it harder for the player to avoid it. Perhaps they'd have to consume 10 bloodpacks minimum over those 3 days becase one live human killed and eaten as a werewolf would provide well more blood than your average bloodpack by far.

Just some more ideas.

This would be an interesting mod, and I'd download it if it gets made! Could you also do something with the family down in meresti? Like have them raid the cities and you have to kill them off.

This would be an interesting mod, and I'd download it if it gets made! Could you also do something with the family down in meresti? Like have them raid the cities and you have to kill them off.

The family in meresti is what gave me the idea for this mod because I felt so ripped off that their story was so short in this game. They don't do anything or have any family related quests. It was sort of pointless for the Dev team to even add the family in this game without adding a little more beef to them. They should be a faction that is joinable and should be like real vampires with real vampire traits plus the player should be able to join the faction and go on quests with other faction members.

Of course werewolves are another thing altogether but fall under the same supernatural realm of things. It might actually be simpler to just create a whole new family so to speak that is a werewolf cult.

Archived