Need Help with horse fast travel positioning

imfamousfoofy

OK so I am currently working on a house mod and i have reached a bit of a problem. When you fast travel to my house on a horse you get positioned correctly on the map marker and such but when you are not on a horse and you fast travel to my house, you get positioned correctly but the horse gets positioned halfway inside my houses exterior. So you see half a horse stuck in my house. So what I want to know is if there is a way to make make it so that when you fast travel to the house the horse lands in the stables I have built. Thanks in advance.

does nobody have any ideas? Isn't there a way to set a default position for the horse? Or maybe like a script that selects the current player horse and places them in the stables. Everything with the horse works just when you fast travel to the house you land on the map marker and the horse lands next to you but half of him is clipping inside the house's exterior so all you see is your horses butt. You can still get on the horse and ride it though.

You need to set a horse marker (x marker) for the exterior cell you are creating. The horse marker will set a position/spot for the horse to be placed on when you travel to that particular cell. Currently it is just being placed beside you, thus it creates the clipping.

If you need help setting the horse marker, just let me know.

@krisjay: So I just place the "HorseMarker" at the stables? Or do I need an actual xmarker? Because in the creation kit there is a HorseMarker. I placed it at the stables but nothing has changed. :/ is there something else i need to do? Also when i place the horse marker i get the red ! point like the mesh is missing. I tried finding the mesh in the bsas to extract it but I can't either find the mesh that the creation kit is pointing to. thanks for your help.

No you need to use an X-Marker, and assign it to the cell you're creating as a 'Horse Marker'.

I'll try to explain, an add some pictures for a easier understanding of what to do.

First in your created cell, place a X-Marker. Name the X-Marker to something that you will know (HorseMarker or something like that).

When you created your cell, you should have created a 'World Location' like the locations in the picture below. If you didn't create it now, and link it up to your cell. This 'Location' is what we will need to edit so you can set the horse marker for your cell.

http://krisjaydesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/location.jpg

After you have your 'Location' set, right click the 'Location' and click 'Edit'. You will have a new window pop up like in the picture below (but it will have your cells name). I highlighted the place you have to click to assign the 'Horse Marker' to that cell. Just click it, find your new created 'Horse Marker', and assign it. After that wherever you place or move your 'Horse Marker' in your cell is where your horse will appear when you fast travel.

http://krisjaydesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/locationhorse1.jpg

Once you have set the 'Horse Marker', you may need to go to your cell and turn (rotate) the new 'Horse Marker' to get the proper position the hose will face when it is placed on the maker.

Hope that helped!

• 4 years later...

Could anyone re-explain the solution to the original question? The linked images in the explanation no longer work (at least for me) and the explanation itself is not clear enough.

I've got the XMarker down where I want it to be, but that's about it. I have a Map Marker down for my player home, but this hasn't "created a cell" like krisjay mentioned. So I have no idea what he means by assign the marker to the cell.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Could anyone re-explain the solution to the original question? The linked images in the explanation no longer work (at least for me) and the explanation itself is not clear enough.

I've got the XMarker down where I want it to be, but that's about it. I have a Map Marker down for my player home, but this hasn't "created a cell" like krisjay mentioned. So I have no idea what he means by assign the marker to the cell.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know a lot about locations, but what I think krisjay means is that you have to create a new location for your cell. You can find 'locations' under one of the tabs in the menu bar at the top. I don't have the CK opened at the moment, so I cant see which one.

There you can create a new location and add the cell your X-Marker is in to that location.

The cell is a bit of the world space, by the way.

For all rooms, dungeons and indoor things, a cell is what you enter through a loading screen. Every time the game goes through a loading screen when (going to) indoors, you are entering a new cell.

When out in the world (but also in cities like whiterun), cells are squares of the world space. The cell you want to link to the location is the cell that contains the Xmarker that you just created, and probably also the one with the map marker/fast-travel marker. The name of the cell is whatever shows up in the Cell View Window. It might well be called 'wilderness' if you are out in Tamriel somewhere. You can rename it to something you are going to remember. That makes travelling to the cell with console commands also easier.

I suppose that you can set a horse marker in the location window, but with that I cannot help.

• 2 weeks later...

I've created a location and pointed that location to the xmarker that I'd previously created, but it's still not working. I think I'm missing something. Maybe I have the world reference pointed to the wrong object?

It's set to the map marker I have for my player home. I'm trying to link a picture, but it keeps telling me the file extension isn't supported.

Edited by KiokothePirate