Is Bethesda shutting down

daventry

www.bethblog.com/2013/04/15/moving-to-our-next-adventure/#comments

They say they are moving on with a New Adventure, what do they mean.

Im confused, is Bethesda Shutting Down and is this the End of Skyrim, does that mean we will be getting a GOTY soon.

They cant just Quit on Skyrim, there are still so many Quests in the Game that needs Answering.

What Next Adventure are they talking about, TES6

How many DLC's did the Previous Titles of TES got, why just Cut Skyrim in Half and move on

What about the Thalmor, The civil war, The last dragonborn just ended up being herma moars Pet? Skyrim feels unfinished and there is so much you could do with it.

Theres still so many other things like Freeing the other Hunters from the Realm of Hircine, the Disappearance of the Dwarves, Winterhold being swallowed by the Sea.

What about the Aetherium Forge, wheres our Super Armor, yet all we get is 3 Dumb things.

In Solstheim, there the Player can Sell Stalhirm to the Thalmor, but nothing else happens afterwards.

Edited by daventry

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt beth would shut down after the success of Skyrim, so I think the Skyrim team must be moving on to Fallout 4 or whatever game their now making.
They're probably done with Skyrim DLC, so we'll probably see a release soon!
Just gotta wait for all the boxes and administrative work to go through I guess.
Edit:A release of new skyrim DLC I mean, just to clarify

Edited by Scorch621

Calm down, they said they weren´t done with skyrim, I think they will soon announce fallout 4 and an expansion for skyrim like shivering islands.

I have No Interest in Fallout 4, Never played those Games.

If they do move on to the Next Adventure presumably TES6, will it be Another 100 Years into the Future, i mean why not start as a Spy Prisoner in the Next TES Game Summerset Isle as Dragonborn still, because its Sad to Cut the Game like this and start Fresh with someone New.

Edited by daventry

Just saw this (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/15/what-is-the-elder-scrolls-arena.aspx) :( apparently bethesda´s done with skyrim and moving on to next big project Iwould say most likely fallout 4 but could they bringing a remake of arena?

You don´t need to start the next game with someone new, my character is the same since morrowind, he lives as a human through morrowind but I jsut get a follower and pretend that he is the nerevarine and I´m his "follower", then I move on to oblivion wich is 3 years or something after morrowind with the same character, there he turns into a vampire and voila skyrim character is the same because vampires can live forever, as for the next elder scrolls my character will be the same XD

Edited by scot

I have No Interest in Fallout 4, Never played those Games.

If they do move on to the Next Adventure presumably TES6, will it be Another 100 Years into the Future, i mean why not start as a Spy Prisoner in the Next TES Game Summerset Isle as Dragonborn still, because its Sad to Cut the Game like this and start Fresh with someone New.

Thats not what i meant. :happy:

I meant that this is the End of Dragonborn and we will start the Next TES Game as a Normal Person, instead of being Dragonborn Continued. ;)

They really could have picked a better time to make the announcement that they're not going to do any more major things on Skyrim than the Barren Wastes Leading up to E3. It's bad enough that everyone is tight lipped about, well, everything in the 3 to 4 months leading up to E3.

Would have been nice to have one more DLC wrapping up loose ends in Skyrim, but what can ya do.

Still, it could also be a business move on Bethesda's part as they don't want to risk torpedoing ESO with more Skyrim.

But overall, I'm not worried. I think there's still enough left in Skyrim to get me through to E3. A remake of Arena would be interesting, but it's probably not the blockbuster they're shuffling the Skyrim people over to. TESVI or Fallout 4 are far more likely options, with Fallout 4 being even more likely. Again, they don't want to risk sinking ESO, and it seems Bethesda likes to rotate between their two titles (Fallout, Elder, Fallout, Elder etc. etc.).

But who knows. I sure as hell don't. All I can do is just ramble. However, I wouldn't expect anything till June when E3 hits to see info on whatever it is.