NPC death effect help

Battenburga

Hey fellas, looking for a little assistance as I'm still a rookie with scripts.

I have an NPC script that, when said NPC dies, they disappear. It's simple and it works.

However I want a bit more appearance instead of the body just disappearing, my thought was using an Actor effect (with a flame effect and slow fade out option) would be a nice end for the NPC.

I just cannot for the life of me figure out a way to enable an effect to said NPC upon their death, and include it in the script. It's also not a specific enemy, it would be a generic one fought countless times, so having it as an NPCREF may be ruled out.

I appreciate any help.

Please see 'TIP: 'Corpses' aren't Actors or Objects.' in the "Scripting" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article.

Those sort of effects are usually linked to the "projectile" used. IIRC, someone got something similar to work by placing an XMarker where the corpse lay, then placed the desired projectile effect in that location before "removing" the corpse. The thread was related to making the skeleton "glow". It was within the last 6 months in this sub-forum.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent