So, since there will be no more DLC...

Naturlich68

I was wondering, is there any consensus within the community to create it's own DLC? I come from a background of creating large addon packs for flightsims, created within our community as there was no support what so ever for the sim and we expanded the game well beyond it's original concept and infact achieved many things that the original programmers said couldn't be done, my "happy time" lol

So, whilst there are many good mods for Skyrim, there are few that really add experience to the game as such, Tropical Skyrim and Maids are 2 good examples though, infact Tropical would have been great if done as Valenwood rather than a rework of Skyrim, but understandably this was too much for the author to undertake on his own, but with a few extra people working together there could have been a full expansion to rival any dlc.

The life of a game is with the mod community, so, anyone/group working on a serious addon, or are we staying with small mods?

Thoughts/ideas?

Nat

essentially yes, but I'm also thinking of completely new areas, there really is only so often you can run around the same map with no more quests to do.. "Hey got this new sword, lets see how well it will kill yet another wolf"

It seems making a new land isn't really a big deal, but when you add the quests, buildings, people and so on, it's a big project needing 5-10 people working to a common goal, I know it can be done as I've been a part of similar projects. Heck it can even start with some one just making a new land and publishing it for other modders to add and expand upon, I just know that Skyrim now needs something more than a new player house, armor, weapon, spell to keep some life in it :)

I guess I might just have a go at making a real landscape and see what comes from it, Hammerfell might be interesting as it has alot of story behind it to build upon, dunno, just know that small mods don't expand the life of a game by much.

Edited by Naturlich68

essentially yes, but I'm also thinking of completely new areas, there really is only so often you can run around the same map with no more quests to do.. "Hey got this new sword, lets see how well it will kill yet another wolf"

It seems making a new land isn't really a big deal, but when you add the quests, buildings, people and so on, it's a big project needing 5-10 people working to a common goal, I know it can be done as I've been a part of similar projects. Heck it can even start with some one just making a new land and publishing it for other modders to add and expand upon, I just know that Skyrim now needs something more than a new player house, armor, weapon, spell to keep some life in it :smile:

I guess I might just have a go at making a real landscape and see what comes from it, Hammerfell might be interesting as it has a lot of story behind it to build upon, dunno, just know that small mods don't expand the life of a game by much.

There's a shared framework and heightmap called Beyond Skyrim that various teams are using to create some of the other provinces, including Hammerfell. You could perhaps get involved there.