Max Carryweight/Encumbrance Randomly Increasing

Highwayman300

Recently I came across a very annoying bug that I can't seem to get rid off. Every few load transitions (Load screens, fast travel, etc but not cell change outside of load screens) my character's max encumbrance will increase by 15-30, stacking each and every time. Its a non-problem at first, but it quickly and eventually reaches values of 1000+ and forces me to use SetAv, ModAV or ForceAV commands just to reduce it manually every so often.

No mod outside of Survival mode (Which is seemingly working fine and disabled at the moment) modifies max carry weight on a base level (Not a "Fortify Carry Weight" Effect, but a "Set Encumbrance to" effect), and the only mods that modify max carry weight by equipment are the Creation Club Backpacks and the Bandoliers mod, both of which never gave me any trouble and aren't equipped at all.

My best guess is that its some sort of script or dirty edit which is constantly looking for something and causing the actor value to go up for some unknown reason, yet neither Fallrim Tools or Papyrus Logs seem to point to any particular issue regarding carry weight.

Here is my load order list on modwatch if it helps any: https://modwat.ch/u/Highwayman300

Has anyone ever came across a similar bug like this? I tried searching for solutions but I can't seem to find anything anywhere except on an old, unsolved post. My other guess is that there is some sort of replicating, invisible item equipped in my character that adds carry weight, but I can't seem to find a way to get rid of it or debug it.

Hello, I'm not an expert but will give a try.

First I think bashed patch must be your mod finalizer but it is not. I couldnt see any specific mod that can cause it but I dont know all of your mod list ( I didnt used everyone of them ). If I should have made a guess then I would recommend checking for combat mods. TKDODGE, Ultimate Combat etc. Deactivate these type of mods and try to play then check the problem.

Second, your encumber timer settlet to 300, may be in game bug so try 60.

Third, as I mentioned in first comment check for Creation Club Backpacks and the Bandoliers mod too.

Last, when you checked all these mods, go for fallrim tools and clean your unattached instances. Some scripting issues may lead would be my last guess.

Edited by Larshadowalker