[LE] Flaming Familiar Explosion Problem

Hello. I am trying to create a new spell that summons an exploding creature. I thought that I could use the flaming familiar as a starting point, so I duplicated it and changed the race then applied it to a new summon spell. The creature explodes but it doesn't do any damage when I'm in combat. Does anyone know why this is?

Animals do 'Combat Damage' by the spells added to their "Attack Data" in their race, if you change the race or add to it a new race and their "Attack Data" is empty, the creature will do "0" damage when it bites or uses its claws.

* Check the initial race "Attack Data" to understand it.

Have a happy modding.

So the wolf race doesn't have the explosion spell anywhere except in the draugr bomb script. I made a new race and applied the explosion spell to all of the attacks in the race settings (the same way wolves use rockjoint) and still no damage.

Ok... you need to be a little more detailed and precise in your descriptions of your issues, i thought your problem was the actual physical attack of the animal and not the explosion.

Explosions do damage in 2 ways:

1) In the explosion itself you apply a damage value, but this has the disadvantage of applying damage to all npcs including the player.

2) They have an "Enchantment" that applies the damage, by using an enchantment you can exclude the player or any other npcs from taking damage on the condition added to its 'Active Magic Effect'.

If i remember correctly there are 2 of the same explosions in CK, one that does damage and one that does not.

* If you will make an explosion with exceptions to which npcs will the damage be applied, then make everything new and do not edit the vanilla stuff.

Edited by maxarturo

The explosion spell that seems tied to the Flaming Thrall is "dunHighGateSummonFlamingThrallExplosion". The explosion should apply a damage value to anyone (including allies and the player) within a 15 foot radius. The explosion spell is cast by the summoned Flaming Thrall itself; however, that spell is not in the Flaming Thrall spell list nor under its race menu. As far as I can tell, the explosion spell is only used by the "spellSummonDraugrBomb" script attached to the Flaming Thrall actor.

Since I am trying to recreate the exact same effect (with not exceptions to other npcs or the player), I have duplicated everything and simply changed the race (also the class and attack data respectively). My new summon also has the "spellSummonDraugrBomb" script, and the properties are the same in my summon and the original Flaming Thrall. However, when my new summon explodes, the explosion does 0 damage. The only damage the new summon does is basic attack damage before the explosion.

If I want to replicate what was done in vanilla (changing only the race of the summon), then it seems like duplicating the vanilla items would be the best place to start. Maybe adjustments need to be made to the script? Basing my project off of vanilla has failed thus far so perhaps it would be better to work from the ground up. The goal is simply to create a summon that explodes dealing large flame damage to anyone caught in it's blast. The flaming familiar spell does this, but perhaps there is an alternative method?

Edited by SeScreener