Game crashes in certain areas

SunnyTheCat

If you plan to start a new game, best way to make sure you can optimize the stability of your next playthrough is to first go through your load order again, trim anything you don't like or know is stressing your game too much, make sure all the BOSS log error message are handled, as well as the plugins not recognized by BOSS. Then start a new game after you are sure everything is in near perfect working order. The time you sink into making sure your load order is stable will be time you won't have to sink into troubleshooting it later on.

We've gone over this. You cannot remove complex scripted mods from any Skyrim in-progress game without a good possibility of serious repercussions, i.e. a broken savegame, unless you revert to a save made before you installed the mod. This is not specific to footprints, it's just the way Skyrim is because of how payrus works.

The mod author is actually most accommodating by providing a mechanism for disabling the mod if needed.

Edited by acidzebra

If you start fresh. I would recommend a couple of mods, that may or may not help you, so you do not run into this problem down the road.

1) McM

2)Autosave Manager

I say McM because this mod will help you customize your save settings better with the Autosave Manager mod. I would also disable ALL the vanilla saves that Skyrim uses by default. Let the McM mod and Autosave Manager mod do all of your saves for you. The Autosave Manager sticks incremented saves in a profile. Hence less bloated saves.

The 'Autosave Manager' does not prevent 'save bloating.' It has nothing to do with that. It will provide more triggers for generating auto-saves than the vanilla game but isn't necessary unless you are prone to forgetting to save the game manually. Increasing autosave count can already be done in the skyrim.ini.

Unless you are a modder, you don't need MCM. SkyUI with MCM support (which he already has) will allow you to access MCM menus for mods that support it.