could someone make a deco-fillament from fallout tactics?

hoodoo456

I guess the filament (wire) is only a few molecules thick (maybe 10, why it's called deca-filament?). The same concept has been seen in other games, books, etc.. A variation of the idea is a mono-filament blade which is a string that is only one molecule thick.

Such a wire, if it could be kept from falling apart, would be insanely sharp and could cut through nearly anything.

The actual blade (filament) in the illustration above is not visible. It is far too thin to be seen with the human eye. The filament is supported between the handle and the curved section, but you can't actually see it. In game I think it would be better to take some artistic license and make the filament slightly visible, like a fine spider web - only occasionally visible in glimpses when the light hits it just right (or when there is blood about it).

Edit: I will leave the minor error above - I said deca-filament, when the fallout incarnation of this weapon/tool is actually called deco-filament, with an o..

I guess the filament (wire) is only a few molecules thick (maybe 10, why it's called deca-filament?). The same concept has been seen in other games, books, etc.. A variation of the idea is a mono-filament blade which is a string that is only one molecule thick.

Such a wire, if it could be kept from falling apart, would be insanely sharp and could cut through nearly anything.

The actual blade (filament) in the illustration above is not visible. It is far too thin to be seen with the human eye. The filament is supported between the handle and the curved section, but you can't actually see it. In game I think it would be better to take some artistic license and make the filament slightly visible, like a fine spider web - only occasionally visible in glimpses when the light hits it just right (or when there is blood about it).

Edit: I will leave the minor error above - I said deca-filament, when the fallout incarnation of this weapon/tool is actually called deco-filament, with an o..

You could possibly have light reflect off it when its turned or the light catches it?

Archived