Destroy Dark Brotherhood Enhanced

Bruninfante

SPOIL ALERT

Hello, i found the Dark Brotherhood questline impressive with many unique moments, like killing the emperor, escape from solitude after killing the fake emperor, and many other moments like fighting agaist Cicero. But it is disapointing if you make the oposite quest of destroying it, i know we have here people with an amazing talent to create stories, so I think it could be something epic to have a better questline of destroy Dark Brotherhood and not just get in the lair and wipe everyone.

Thanks for reading this I'm sure lots of people share the same opinion.

• 1 month later...

I agree. Not a modder myself, but I am using the "Alternate Start" (I used shipwreck survivor) and "Arise: Chapter I: The Black Sacrement Armor" mods and have been roleplaying as if it were my mission to revive the Black Phoenix Stealth Assassin guild in Skyrim (after locating all of the old gear and forge spells of course) and eliminating the Dark Brotherhood in Sithis's name since Astrid & Co. were becoming too financially-minded and not in it for the love of the hunt any more. Would be great to see this as a mod which could actually tie in to the official "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood" questline, assume control of both the Falkreath and Dawnstar locations for Black Phoenix refurbishing, and a slew of other assassination quests which could be both unique contracts as well as contracts using the unused marks from the original Dark Brotherhood quests since they were destined to die anyway...only thing that would change is the time, place, and reasons. It would also be neat to have the option of intimidating Maven back when she tries to draw the "I have connections with the Dark Brotherhood" card by having the PC throw Astrid's head or a bag of heads on the floor at her feet (quest items? LOL) and reply with "Had. The correct word is 'had'...", but that's just me.

I agree, though, that the 3000 gold reward and the pat on the back was a lackluster end to this alternate choice. Bethesda could have made it a bit more challenging like having to track each assassin down during a hit and save the mark's life/take out the assassin, thanks to intel from Maro (since he's been watching them so close and all), and given the Dragonborn a Thane-like Accomplishment in their lits (the one with Agent of Dibella, Ancient Knowledge, etc.,) as well as maybe give the guards a new topic to discuss besides dragons, vampires, sweetrolls, and knee injuries.

It could have been more. I like the idea of maybe having to intercept an assassination; they could be making attempts on the lives of people that the Player Character normally kills during the Brotherhood's questline; you might be told who is the target, since the Dark brotherhood only found out through rumors and the Penitus Oculatus followed the same information, and then you would be in charge of protecting the hit. This could even be it's own drawn-out questline; just as the Dark Brotherhood's questline focuses on killing, the Penitus Oculatus questline might focus on killing the assassin with a bonus for protecting the targets.