Snap to angle question

I am working on a new project after being away for a while and I noticed a problem in the CK that I can't seem to work around, it's with the snap to angle function - I rotate an object on a 45 degree angle along the Z axis, but then when I want to rotate along X or Y it goes off on a bad angle.

This didn't happen with GECK so I want to know what the change was that made this happen and if I can toggle it off?

I want to make a ramp with a slope of 22.5 degrees (Y), the first ramp object was at Z angle of 0 so was fine. I just want to duplicate it and turn it so I keep it level on a 45 degree angle. I also tried editing the movement preferences but apparently it won't allow for decimal points.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1157/gogf.jpg

I know technically I could fine tune it with the reference window but it's not practical and I have no intention of doing this because they will be several of these in my mod.

Edited by Ironman5000

Well that didn't work, but weirdly enough I fixed it by changing rotation prefs from 45 degrees to 15 :confused:

Ah well, thanks anyway I shall revise the keyboard mapping now :thumbsup:

EDIT: Your advice does work actually, just didn't on the object I was playing with for some reason

Edited by Ironman5000