Fallout Crashing issues

Arsentic

therealnumberyellow:

Please post your load order and/or system specs.

jd1231:

If you found a file that says FALLOUT, you have found the FALLOUT.ini that gets referenced quite a bit. A little more information could be helpful: Do you have autosaves turned on, and if so, does it crash during the autosave when you enter an interior?

• 2 weeks later...

therealnumberyellow:

are you using FOMM or NMM?

Arsentic:

the Blackened patches are compatibility patches. you would place them underneath the last file of the mods you are patching together. i saw that you are using EVE. in order to use the Blackened patches that require EVE, you MUST use the Paradox Ignition merger, found here: Paradox Ignition presents The Mergers

I dont know what to do. I tried alot of things. ALso I can not zoom in right with the chinese assault rifle or regular assualt rifle or sniper rifles. Ughh I reallyu just want to play in peace and enjoy the game

Hiya doin', newbie here,

Like many of us, we seem to be having, pretty much the same problems; fixing by trial 'n' error. Now then, let's compare notes: My problems occur with no mods at all (crashing at any given time). I'm on Windows 8 (sucks), and have a multicore laptop. I couldn't find " FALLOUT.ini " anywhere, so I just started opening files to find the "UseThreadedAI=0" line. I found it in TWO notebook files: FALLOUT Pref, and just plain FALLOUT. So I changed them both to: UseThreadedAI=1, and wrote in below: iNumHWThreads=2. Saved and Closed. So far (fingers crossed) this is helping.

On average, my fastest crashes would come AFTER I entered a room, but not so much out side. Can some one give me advice on this?

Over all, I hope I've been informative.

Have you tried disabling autosave? I saw keywords <crash> and <enter room>. Just my uninformed 2 cents after skipping all above posts... sorry if I'm a broken record :\

I have been having similar problems with constant crashing. I am inclined to believe that it is related to the latest nVidia driver. Ever since the March 25th driver update I have been getting blue screens and my games have been crashing. I have rolled back these drivers and I am still getting crashes, so rolling back doesn't seem to help.

Hiya doin', newbie here,

Like many of us, we seem to be having, pretty much the same problems; fixing by trial 'n' error. Now then, let's compare notes: My problems occur with no mods at all (crashing at any given time). I'm on Windows 8 (sucks), and have a multicore laptop. I couldn't find " FALLOUT.ini " anywhere, so I just started opening files to find the "UseThreadedAI=0" line. I found it in TWO notebook files: FALLOUT Pref, and just plain FALLOUT. So I changed them both to: UseThreadedAI=1, and wrote in below: iNumHWThreads=2. Saved and Closed. So far (fingers crossed) this is helping.

On average, my fastest crashes would come AFTER I entered a room, but not so much out side. Can some one give me advice on this?

Over all, I hope I've been informative.

right click the desktop, chose personalize. in there, at the left? upper left, chose desktop icons, then enable the "My computer and user icons to show up on the desktop. push apply, now, in the my computer icon, 2 click it, at the top, you see the word (Organize) That is a drop-down menu, click it, select (layout), and chose (menu bar.

Now, on that, you can access the built in tools for that systems explorer. open the tool options. "Folder Options", chose the view tab. in there you can set the system view modes to your liking, you need to see and be able to view all hidden data. set it to apply and close.

on the desktop, chose Users icon, open that up, in there you will see "AppData", I tell you this as it is a shortcut to the game temp folder which contains a ton of junk, I know there is junk in there as you don't have that ability to remove, all the software's ever installed, all internet stuff, a slew of junk is in there, you need to remove, clean it out. Now, in your users folder, the game file "ini" will be in the document / my games/falout3 folder. that is what you edit, put all other ini's you messed with back the way they were or launches the games launcher to reset them.

edit that falout2.ini file. that's all you need to touch.

I really hope you figure this out. windows 8 is a tile type setup and not very forgiving for games stuff.

kitty.

• 5 weeks later...

Arsentic - Hello!

"I did that already, and I still have problems"

That is odd, freezing is almost always due to the multi core bug.

You definitely applied it to the FALLOUT.ini in Documents & not the .ini in the Fallout 3 folder?

Does your game have this problem with mods turned off?

If the problem is gone with all mods off, turn them back on one at a time checking in game between each to see if your problem returns. That way you can track the culprit.

A few load order issues:

You need to untick & delete these:

Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp=1

Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp=1

Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp=0

Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp=0

As they are included in the FOIP FWE/MMM patch that you have:

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp

I don't use FWE so I'm no expert but I believe that you're meant to use one of these not both:

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional VATS Halftime.esp=1

Or:

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional VATS Realtime.esp=1

StreetLights.esm should be moved above BrokenSteel.esm to avoid a water glitch around Project Purity once the clean water shows up.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Will this work if you're just playing without mods?