WHERE are my plugins

DOVAHKI1N

honestly use windows defender. its built in to windows and is as good as you need.

i would consider removing that tool from your system if it will delete things without your knowledge.

I second this. Any other free AV is more focused on trying to sell you the paid version than it is trying to help you. Windows Defender is just Windows Defender, and its goal is to actually defend your system because it is in Microsoft's best interest that you feel safe using their OS (note: I use Malwarebytes because I got free lifetime premium back when it was new).

I think I haven't said thank you for your helpful replies yet. So, thank you @HadToRegister and 1ae0bfb8 and Zaldiir!

Install Vortex where you want, mine is installed on D:\Games\Vortex

It only matters where the Mod staging folder is located, because that needs to be on the same drive as your games, and can be set on a game by game basis.

I use Kaspersky, so I don't know, you get what you pay for with Free AV.

When you install Vortex, make sure to turn off your AV so it doesn't remove parts of Vortex while it's installing, I've seen that happen a LOT in here.

Okay, so the games local files when I go to Skyrim-Properties- (Move) Game Folder are on C:/users/desktop/games/my games/steam

I'll put the Mod staging folder under C:/users/desktop/games/my games/steam/VORTEX Skyrim

At the moment I have Move Deployment (Experimental!) with my Mods. Should I switch to Hardlink Deployment?

I'll look into windows defender and Kaspersky then. If it's a yearly payment, I'm ok with it.

Can I check somewhere whether my vortex installation is complete?

Edited by DOVAHKI1N