I Don't know how to weight paint correctly

TrueBloodBK

Hello, i'm new to modding new vegas, right now i'm having this issue where i can't figure out how to weight the chest area of this armor. What i'm trying to do is adjut a human armor to fit a Super Mutant Body, everything is weighted correctly except for the chest, in-game it looks as if it's "melting", and i don't know how to fix it, i've read through various tutorials and watched videos and i can't u understand how to fix my issue

This is how i weighted the chest are, it's assigned to spine1

wOQsf0R.png

I've also uploaded a video on how terrible the armor looks ingame (Don't mind the clipping, that's not the issue, the problem is how the chest area starts "melting")

The armor should look something like this (Screenshot is not mine)

28WgUPTaG5SAfvKZOAZ8UhEInOgEzVEuCbCGieby

If anyone experienced with blender could guide me on how to weight this properly i would really appreciate it.

I'm not really sure what the issue seems to be, it looks fine to me in the video. The only tip I can give for skinning in blender is to import the skeleton to move your mesh as a way of testing how the weighting will affect the mesh in the game, which may help you resolve your issue.

I'm sending more images so you can see how serious the issue is. The chest area is melting, it's getting pulled to the crotch area in a really drastic way.

YjjVl6J.png

Check the video again and you'll see how bad this "melting" is, i've traid using the pose mode and the chest seems to be moving correctly but as soon as i try it ingame it melts

-----------

This is how it should look like, chest area is straight close to the neck and not melting.

aGM632G.png

I don't understand what you mean by "melting". The armor is rigged to the spine, so that when the spine rotates forward the bottom of the armor clips into the crotch area. If that is what you are talking about then you can edit the mesh in Blender to move it up and out a bit so that it won't disappear into the crotch.

It looks like more of a rigging and scaling issue than a weight painting issue.

If the chest piece is deforming in ways that you don't want it to, then check the weights compared to the bones other than the spine.

If that's not what you are talking about then you are going to have to explain it better, preferably using a word other than "melting" to describe it.

Edited by madmongo