I need some basic advice

I am not goods at computer. So, as you probably don't know my PC broke on the weekend and I've bought a monster of a new system, one of the very few parts to survive was the HDD, which forms a duet alongside the SSD boot-drive. My question is, how do I access programs stored on the HDD while running the OS off the SSD?

I am not goods at computer. So, as you probably don't know my PC broke on the weekend and I've bought a monster of a new system, one of the very few parts to survive was the HDD, which forms a duet alongside the SSD boot-drive. My question is, how do I access programs stored on the HDD while running the OS off the SSD?

If you mean to run your app/programs from the old drive, most of the time you can't do this. Reason for this is the Windows registry doesn't have the "keys" or registry values for the programs. You will need to reinstall the programs you want to use. Now you can install most programs to a second drive, in fact, my system has 3 hard drives in it. I have a 120GB SSD as my Windows 8 drive, one 1.5TB drive as storage and a 2TB drive just for games which is mostly filled with Steam games.

Edited by PsyferNexus