Alien Mode

immortalfrieza

I've posted a thread about this already once before, but since it's been a while I'm posting it again.

On the 2K forums I posted a mod/expansion/sequel etc. request to reverse the concept of the games and play as the aliens instead. I made the idea prior to the game's release, so some details may need to be altered: http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?146666-Sequel-Expansion-Mod-Whatever-Idea-Play-as-the-aliens

In short, I'd like to see a game mod which basically takes the system of the base game and applies it to the aliens and the humans in reverse. The aliens would be the ones who are facing a vastly superior foe while XCOM would be the oppressive enemy force. There'd be a version of base management, recruitment, research, manufacturing, etc. that would be roughly equivalent to how X-COM works in the base game, with a few alien twists here and there to keep it from being just an reskin of the base game.

Is this possible, and if it is, is there anyone out there that has/can/is currently working on making this happen?

That degree of overhaul is probably out of reach given current capabilities, I'm afraid. X-Com is remarkably unfriendly to modding; making significant changes involves recoding game files one byte at a time. It is a slow process. That has left us with perhaps 5 or 6 people who are actively modding the game (beyond ini changes) and posting findings on this forum; changes that fundamental sound like it would require rewriting the entire strategy game from almost the ground up. Sorry to sound so negative, but I did want to post to let you know we do read the ideas thrown up here. The best thing I can suggest is you learn how to mod to get a better sense of what current capabilities are, and with any luck you can move things forward.