(EGM) Fetching stuff in the Sol System and Reapers softlocking the game.

Downlin

Playing with EGM, and I thought something I needed off planet scanning was in the Sol system, so I went ahead and scanned something by Pluto. Immediately get full reaper alertness, and some of the reapers have some extra insane speed modifiers. Now this wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't ended up leaving the system borders while dodging them, effectively softlocking me as it autosaved upon re-entry. Editing the mod settings does -absolutely nothing-. So I am left wondering if anyone has experience or any clue as to how this can be fixed. Because Im quite honestly bordering on losing my mind at this point.

According to the EGM Settings tool, "no map reapers" setting doesn't apply in some instances, and given the fact that Earth (Sol) was under Reaper occupation, it makes sense that is one of them. As for why it immediately goes to full alertness, I'd say it's for a similar reason. Uh I would say try doing a combat mission to reset their alertness? You can get back into the Sol System and sprint for the Mass Relay to make a jump to another cluster.

• 1 month later...

Where exactly you enter the system is in fact predictable. If you enter Sol while Normandy is pointing straight left, you'll enter the system from the right side. If you play with the angle a bit before entering a system you might end up right on top of the Mass Relay, hopefully providing the time for a quick escape.