Kvatch Rising, or Aftermath?

Tank0123

I understand this thread has been posted time and time again. However, having looked at all these threads, I still do not know which one is best to suit my interests.

1) I did not consider the Rebuilt version, because that one focuses on rebuilding. I am more concerned about the day to day operations of the city -- ie skip the rebuilding crap.

2) I would like to make decisions with the city -- ex: "Should I choose A and Kvatch gains this, or B and Kvatch gains something else?"

3) Tying into point 2, I would like one which allows me to invest into and upgrade the city.

4) Possibly -- implications across the world. Meaning, whatever you do in Kvatch isn't a bubble, it will carry over to other parts of the world (mod to mod interaction, maybe? I heard Aftermath did this a lot, but I wasn't sure what it entailed).

So, with those points in mind, which one would you recommend?

Or just go ahead and tell me the pros and cons of each. I really would like to have one, but I don't want to regret my decision.

K Rebuilt and the one made by the-unmentionable-modder-who's-name-starts-with-a-G (I can't remember the name of the mod) are both good and the best from what I understand. The later though has a better city in terms of functionality I've heard, but there's also been discussions about mod conflicts with various other mods. There's also been refuting arguments to that as well.

As mentioned by shinobi2008, K Rebuilt is still being actively worked on and also has an underground part to the city. I also hope the update coming out makes it a sealed deal and makes the city just as functional as the other or even better.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

• 5 months later...

Has there been any word on when Rebuilt will be ready? The 1.1 version is no longer available and I sort of want to install AWLS, but it is recommended to install Rebuilt first if you are going to install it. I suppose Bain could handle that by adjusting install order. But ideally I'd just like to install Rebuilt, make sure everything is working there, and then add in AWLS.

Has there been any word on when Rebuilt will be ready? The 1.1 version is no longer available and I sort of want to install AWLS, but it is recommended to install Rebuilt first if you are going to install it. I suppose Bain could handle that by adjusting install order. But ideally I'd just like to install Rebuilt, make sure everything is working there, and then add in AWLS.

Not sure about BAIN because I don't use it, but from what I understand of AWLS, it replaces the city meshes, textures, etc. and that's why they recommend you install city changes first. What you could do is go ahead and install AWLS and when KR comes out, install it and then reinstall AWLS again.

• 5 years later...

K Rebuilt and the one made by the-unmentionable-modder-who's-name-starts-with-a-G (I can't remember the name of the mod) are both good and the best from what I understand. The later though has a better city in terms of functionality I've heard, but there's also been discussions about mod conflicts with various other mods. There's also been refuting arguments to that as well.

As mentioned by shinobi2008, K Rebuilt is still being actively worked on and also has an underground part to the city. I also hope the update coming out makes it a sealed deal and makes the city just as functional as the other or even better.

Yo mate kvatch rising and aftermath are both made by giskard

Even if I prefer the look Kvatch aftermath brings you should definitely take a look at Kvatch rebuilt, the rebuilding part adds to the immersion, all you need is a bit of patience to see the final result and the mod lets you take a lot of decisions like becoming the count(ess).

I never tested Kvatch rising.

Edited by Oblivionaddicted