Email Notification on Reply to Own Post?

mikegray

I must be really obtuse, but I just can't find something I've used in every internet forum I've used over last (literally) 15 years:

When I add a post in a thread and somebody replies to my post, I'd really like to get an email saying something along the lines of either

(a) "REALLYSMARTGUY34 has added a reply to your post."

or else

(b) "REALLYSMARTGUY34 has quoted a post you wrote."

Best case scenario, REALLYSMARTGUY34's post would even be in the email - though I wouldn't mind having to click a link to read ti on site.

However, as far as I can tell, while I CAN get notifications along the lines of (b) OR of replies to an entire thread, there's no way of getting notification of replies to individual posts that do not contain a quotation. For that matter, I only get (b) if I'm not subscribed to the thread anyway.

The problem is this: In the threads connected to some of the big mods I follow, the entire thread is waaay too active to follow the entire thing - but if I only see quotations, I end up missing stuff.

This problem has some consequences for the NEXUS forum culture: When you ask a question in a busy thread, it is easy to overlook an intelligent reply to the post you've written. So, eventually, you ask the same question again or make some comment that shows that you clearly haven't read the intelligent reply, leading to charges of poor netiquette.