Creating an NPC Gender Gate?

user826

Hey, all! Can anyone think of a way to implement a gender gate that affects NPCs? For instance, if I have a men's and women's bathroom in my cell, how can I prevent sandboxing male NPCs from entering the ladies' and vice versa? I suppose I could have a door that can't be interacted with and only opens when an NPC of the correct gender enters a linked trigger, but that seems kind of clunky (and would also prevent the player from entering if they wanted to). Can anybody think of a more elegant way to go about it?

You could give all of the NPCs in that cell specific packages that force them to interact with various things in the cell (sitting in a particular location, leaning against a wall, whatever you want them to do). Since they are executing specific packages they won't sandbox, so they won't go into the restrooms unless one of your packages sends them there.

You can have the NPCs choose which package to run randomly so it will look like they are sandboxing even though they technically aren't.