Buying a gaming pc?

So I have come across a computer build I tend to like but I had a few questions about it. The only thing I would be looking to change is the video card. Would putting a Radeon 7970 in it be worth it? I have heard rumors those cards only work well with their own products. If not how long will the GTX 660 already in it last me? With next generation consoles on the way I don't want to buy a gaming pc and have it be outdated in a few months. I am also open to any other suggestions on the build you would have.

Link: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Zeus_Thunder_2500/

Thanks!

What do you mean with "only work well with their own products"?!
If you mean CPU+GPU combo, you have been trolled pretty bad.

HD7970 is a lot better card than GTX660. The next-gen consoles are using hardware equal to HD7850.
BUT, nvidia is releasing their GTX7xx lines during the summer so I would at least wait till then. GTX780 is a cut-down Titan (the 1000$ card) and the rest are OC'd GTX680 or similar.

EDIT: Didnt notice that you had added a link to the rig you were going to buy. Personally I think its a waste of money and space, as you could get a ATX sized air-cooled rig with better specs.
16gb ram, 3770k and 800W PSU is pretty silly on a single-GPU gaming PC.
If I would build a gaming PC now I would take:
Define R4, Anidees A16 or whichever floats your boat (im using a modded/customized Bitfenix Shinobi and Rosewill Blackhawk).
i5-3570k
Z77 extreme4 or UD3H
Silver Arrow/Macho/Phantex/Noctua for cooling
2x4gb ram (cheapest 1600mhz 1,5v you can find)
HD7970GE or HD7950 with good cooler (Windforce, DCII, etc.)
128/256gb SSD (V300, samsung 840 pro, etc.)
600W PSU max (Rosewill/superflower, Seasonic, etc.)

So the most critical fault that I saw on the pre-made build is the lack of SSD, oversized PSU and bad GPU cooling availability.

Because for 1600$, the rig must have an SSD and HD7970/GTX670. Else its a ripoff.

Edited by kalikka