Main Menu Music Request

FreeBass

Hi!

I have a problem. Well... I have several problems, but one in particular that I'm hoping someone can help with.

Once upon a time I had a F3/ NV mod that played The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly theme over the main menu & it was a beautiful fit. I took a look for it for F4 but to no avail. Could someone possibly cook up a version?

Many thanks for your consideration :)

Hi!

I have a problem. Well... I have several problems, but one in particular that I'm hoping someone can help with.

Once upon a time I had a F3/ NV mod that played The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly theme over the main menu & it was a beautiful fit. I took a look for it for F4 but to no avail. Could someone possibly cook up a version?

Many thanks for your consideration :smile:

I'm pretty sure Ennio Morricone's estate (he died last year) still owns the copyright on that (especially after he won a lawsuit two years ago to reclaim copyright on some of his scores). Which means that a mod that makes the requested change likely wouldn't be allowed here.

However...

It looks like the main theme may be in Data > Music > Special, named MUS_MainTheme.xwm. So, in theory, if you got a copy of the track, converted it to an xwm file, renamed it MUS_MainTheme, and overwrote the original with it, you'd be playing that music as the main theme on your game. It looks like this is what most and maybe all of the main theme replacer mods are doing, although as I said I'm not familiar with this so I can't say for certain.

It also looks like there are multiple mods already on the Nexus that will convert a regular music file to an xwm file, so that part should be pretty straightforward.

it also looks like there are a number of modder's resources out there on the topic of how to replace the main theme music. Watching one or more of those might be helpful if you decide to do this.

As with any modding, I highly recommend making a backup of whatever was in the folder originally before you go overwriting anything, so that you can put it back how it was if it goes wrong.

Good luck!