(Request)Re-locking Doors

Davidheat

I have been experimenting a bit with lock command.. while npcs don't mind already locked doors, console-locked doors are unpassable by them it seems.

There's no need for a gun, there are two other ways to do this (both require fose):

One is using a perk.

The other is having an aid item, or a quest monitoring the keyboard, and adding an actor effect, who's base effect is a script, the script would be an effect script roughly like this:

scn tgbdoorcloser

ref target
ref key
short type

Begin ScriptEffectStart
 set target to getcrosshairref
 if (target)
   set type to gettype target
   if (type == 28)
     set key to GetOpenKey target
     if (key)
       if(player.getitemcount key && target.GetOpenState == 3)
         target.lock 10
       endif
     endif
   endif
 endif
End

(note: this is assuming fose's getopenkey returns something meaningful when the door has been opened already)

Should work with any and all doors that are activated directly (not through panels or terminals or switches).

I see, Well lets just hope for the best, and maybe this mod well work, And Sorry i don't know how to use G.E.C.K very well, and i have no idea how to use F.O.S.E. with G.E.C.K. am still trying to lean

*using* fose is just a matter of copying 3-4 files. -.-

And fose is sort of required for this, so you can use getcrosshairref.

If anybody feels like creating an aid item, that adds a 0 duration actor effect, that uses a script base effect, whose script is what i posted. Feel free to use given proper credits. Havent tested it tho.

Archived