Problem with custom textures for armour refit

Elwari

I am making an armour refit (with permission) and am having an issue with getting my new meshes to recognise the custom textures from the original mod while in CK.

The armour comes in 2 colours basically. The meshes have one set of textures applied in NifSkope etc and then I am selecting the alternative textures in CK for the second variation. I am not allowed to use the textures directly hence why they need to load from the original mod.

It seems to load fine initially, then I test in game and no new textures are applied, sometimes it will CTD and then when I go back in CK the alternative textures are no longer applied to the armour. The warning thing tells me it fails to load the texture swaps, despite me loading up all the dependent mods in CK at the same time.

I am aware that I could just duplicate all my new meshes and apply the textures via NifSkope- this is gonna be my plan B- but wondered if this was a known issue with a known answer?

Just a wild guess, but does the NIF shape have the remappable textures flag set?

BSTriShape/BSLightingShaderProperty/ShaderFlags1

I've noticed sometimes OutfitStudio may not keep some flags that were present in the original...

This was a very good thought, but I've double checked and yeah the flag is set for remappable textures. Silver lining- I didn't know this was a thing so I've learnt something thanks :laugh:

Thinking it might be time for that plan B :down: