So, why is it NMM can't f-ing uninstall anything without crashing.

FreddyHollensen

Nexus Mod Manager's delete and deactivate function doesn't even remotely work? I've tried getting it to work for like 3 mods maybe, it seem that it's function is basically the same as finding the mod and hitting delete.

I thought the point of it was to help people safely remove mods and install mods...

I have already allowed changes to files and sub-folders for the skyrim folder.

When I manually delete the mods and all files asociated with it, NMM suddenly reminds me the mod have been removed, tries to uninstall it, and crashes... again.

Is it just me, or does uninstalling or even deactivating mods cause it to crash 50-75% of the time. ?

- This have been an issue for me on both my computers, am I missing something?

Which Anti-Virus program do you use? A couple of them see the changes that NMM makes to files as "suspicious" and block the write function causing NMM to crash.

Try temporarily turning off your anti-virus program when using NMM. If the crashes go away then either get another AVS or disable it when using NMM.

If NMM still crashes try a clean install.

Yup....Morashtak hit the nail on the head...the exact same thing happened to me as is happening to you FreddyHollensen.....it was my anti-virus doing it. I just disabled it when playing around with the NMM and no problems then....I have a new anti-virus now, one that doesn't do that.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was having the same problem with three different mods. I allowed nexus through my firewall and it worked for two of the mods i was having problems with. im still having problems with the race compatability mod, nexus crashes whenever i try to uninstall it. Is there anything else i can do to fix this problem? Nexus worked fine before the update. I run nexus as administrator.