4Aces TexMesh

KMA

This will be the official method to request that I apply my processes to another texture/mesh mod and make it blend in with my TexMesh mod. Of course I will have to contact the author of the original for permission, unless it is given in their mod's readme.

Let me know the ones that you use, and would like to see me meld with my look. This goes for the newly added Meshes and Textures, such as the new weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread will also host the discussion for my HiRes pack since there is not much discussion on TexMesh.

My first pack included textures from the following mods (with permission):

Outcast Power Armor by Zafoga

SMG and Clip by JohnMalkovich

Historical Documents by Executor32

Terrain Pack, the Rocks Addon, and the Megaton Texture Pack by NMC

Clear Map by RaySunderland

Please remember that these are generally very video ram hungry textures, so I am trying to limit them to those that will really improve the wasteland and/or those that are rarer, like the Historical Documents.

Edit: Update

I have hypothesized that the Dungeon textures (this is an Oblivion Expansion remember), are all valid targets for Hi Res conversion. They exist outside the wasteland, have limited viewing ranges, and very limited texture sets compared to the wasteland. They also have a limited number of NPC/Creatures where the wasteland is much more dynamic. Therefore I have upgraded all these textures and they passed testing.

I apologize for not using NMC's Rivet City HiRes Pack but I did not know about it. I am comparing the textures that I already upgraded to those in NMC's pack. An addon may be in the future.

Heres another High quality pack - this time it covers the armors:

HRezTextures

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=621

I use it myself and it does sharpen up the plain vanilla armors. But it doesnt cover the normal maps and the modder doesnt seem to be updating it anymore.

So this may be a better alternative armor pack from a prolific modder:

Josef Grey's Vanilla Armor Expansion v1.01

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1891

The issue with weapons and armor is that they can have a lot of simultaneous instances. With a mod such as MMM's increased spawns (self modded lower than the low version), I have still come across packs of raiders that were in the 6-8 range. This would mean 7 sets of hires armor and at least 7 hires weapons (usually more since they have backups). That much extra load on top of the hires wasteland textures should cripple most systems (drop to 5 - 10 FPS). That is the theory anyway.

Now that I am done with everything else, I can test this by downloading these mods. If they do not wreck my FPS then I will begin on a complete upgrade of all armor and weapons.

Thanks for the links!

Edit: I have just finished looking at the weapons pack and unfortunately none of these files are HiRes. They are all the same size, with some sharpening. The only size increases are for the 1st person variants of the weapons. I had already increased all the 1st person weapons to make them full sized textures, as part of TexMesh. With my process applied, I think mine look much better, they are the same size as these, and TexMesh covers all the weapons. I still may do a HiRes weapons pack myself in the future, but first I am going to test the Armor.

Edit 2: I have just tested the HiRes armors and they did not have nearly as much impact as I expected. With 8 raiders and a dog all attacking me at the same time in the wasteland, there was no stuttering. I will begin making my own complete HiRes armor replacement pack.

Edit 3: The HiRes Weapons and Armor is in testing. Expect UL tomorrow. Little to no effect on game performance, so it is all good.

HiRes Armor and HiRes Weapons are up.

You can also get them from my HiRes mod at F3 Nexus.

You can also get the HiRes version of the textures for Antistar's Weapon Mod Kits from there.

I cannot use FOSE since it requires the 1.1 patch, which mangled my save games so badly I reinstalled the game (to 1.0.0.15). I installed the Weapon Mod Kits anyway and I have found that the only thing I cannot do is to use the new workbenches, so I can still find/buy the weapons with the mods. Of course I had modified the textures before finding this out, and it was not my intention to release, but there they are anyway. ;)

Edit - Added a new patch to fix all the indoor flickering textures called the Total Patch, since it includes the multi-patch which I released earlier, but only fixed a few of them.

Edit 2 - Added two small addons to the HiRes mod called Aged Paper (by NMC), and More Blood. Use the above link to F3Nexus.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I just asked everyone using the HiRes packs to let me know here if I should pack all the additional mods into a single download or leave them separate. Packing them into one will make downloading easier, and they would be separate inside the download, so you would only have to install the ones you are using. The thing is that you would have to download the whole pack even if you are only using one of the mods. Please let me know either way, majority rules.

I would pack them in groups, and would not be adding to the released packs. So for example, I would combine everything from other mods into Pack 1, and I would never add anything to Pack 1. Anything new would be part of Pack 2.

The ones that have been release that would be combined into pack one:

Weapon Kits Mod by Antistar.

Prototype Army Medic Armor by Rebel5555.

Classic Combat Shotgun by Lexx.

Aged Megaton Paper by NMC.

T3T Weapon Tweaks by Laserman.

More Blood by 4Aces

Edit - (updated)

Just released:

Sniper Gear by Alexscorpion (2 Versions)

Classic Fallout Weapons BETA by War1982 - this may have two versions as well, but version 1 will be in pack 1 and

version 2 will be in pack 2.

There was a request for me to do something about the horrid rock texture that Bethesda used for the majority of their wasteland cliff/boulders. The problem is that they used a single 2048x2048 texture for most of it. They stretched the thing so badly that there might not be much that I can do. If you imagine a minigun texture stretched over all of Megaton then you have some idea of what they did. I will try some things, and it could take a few days, so it will have to wait until the weekend before I can start.

The real problem with the wasteland is not visible until you turn clipping off. I just discovered that Bethesda has many layer of textures that are being generated, and yet you cannot see them since they are below the ground! Some were done to cover up the errors in placing rocks (most of you have seen rock walls with obvious gaps when viewed from the proper angle). But there are many other textures that are below for no apparent reason, except to show how poorly this project was managed. Use "tcl" in the game's command window and take a look for yourself. With this going on, a lager rock texture might be used three times in the same cell, so when I earlier used a rock texture that was 4096^2 it made my game stutter pretty badly. Now I know why, it was probably being used three or four times in the same cell. If they eliminated all this crap, then the rock canyon texture (what B$ called it) could be split into more than one 2048^2 file, so that it would work properly.

Anyway, that is the background of the issues at hand, and why there may be no solution, but I will try anyway. Who knows, I might come up with something. Anyone like plaid? ;)

Edit - Good news! I got creative and make a 4096^2 texture with just enough detail to count, and not enough to be stretched beyond reason. Then I paired it with a 1024^2 normal map to reduce the system load and it worked. I get a much better looking wasteland environment and my game does not stutter. I have a little more testing to do and some editing of the texture, but it should be ready by tomorrow (Sat.).

No offence but your description is a total mess. Try using a clearer, and more precise description and links.

For example "You can also find the TexMesh + HiRes (including Armor & Weapons addons) + Total Patch", find where? Not in Mirror, not in Files.

And where's this "total patch" you keep referring to. Can't find it anywhere.

No offence but your description is a total mess. Try using a clearer, and more precise description and links.

For example "You can also find the TexMesh + HiRes (including Armor & Weapons addons) + Total Patch", find where? Not in Mirror, not in Files.

And where's this "total patch" you keep referring to. Can't find it anywhere.

Well the mirror does have the two "TexMesh and HiRes" links though you are correct, they do not list that they include the "Total Patch". I have just corrected that, thanks. I must have truncated it when my first attempt to name the link failed (they do not allow the use of special characters like '+').

As for the Total Patch, there is a link a few messages above where you posted this message (though now that I look at it, it is pretty hard to see - edit - there I underlined it). ;)

But you are correct, my last edit of the description page was rushed and I must have deleted my mention that it is part of the TexMesh mod. I just put a mirror in my HiRes mod for it for now. If you are using the complete TexMesh and HiRes then it comes pre-installed so all you need is the Transparent Visor Patch.

I am working on a weapon rebalance mod (Vanilla and Classic Fallout Weapons + City Killer Shotgun) that should be finished by tomorrow and then I will redo the description page properly (and the links in these messages).

Edit - I finally edited the description pages on both TexMesh and HiRes.

There are major delays with the weapon rebalance mod since the GECK is proving to quite a PITA. I have started a thread here to list all the variables in the GECK that do not actually do anything. Since I was assuming that the GECK variables actually worked, I put everything into a database and then figured out all my new values. Now I discover that the Fire Rate does not gray itself out properly when the Automatic checkbox is not marked, so there is little to no control over the rate of fire for semi-auto weapons.

I am exploring making all firearms automatic and then controlling it with a Fire Rate of 1, but the catch is that most of the weapons do not have an appropriate animation that works with these settings. As I said it is a real PITA, so if you are thinking of every modding a weapon you should visit that link and see what variables do not work as advertised (so far there are only a few, but they have a large impact).

I may have to nerf the damage of semi-autos since you can spam the LMB and get a rate of fire equal to a fully automatic rifle (proving that this is not a FPS).

EDIT

After wasting two days remaking everything from my spreadsheets, I discovered that the game is requiring that I use the same name for the ESP file that introduced the new material. Why you may wonder, would it do that. For that you will have to ask Bethesda, since it prevents the releasing of mods that alter other mods. It could be particular to this ESP file, but I doubt it. This means that the amount of work is much greater for the average modder, especially if they do not find my thread about it and keep trying to figure out why logic is not working.

Testing will begin tomorrow, and I hope to release in a day or two. It will be a full rebalancing of all the weapons from the Vanilla and Classic Fallout Weapons. They are offered separately, but the CFW version will come with new repair lists that I created for them. If you want to be a beta tester please let me know by PMing me. There is only a single ESP file (200K) to toggle in FOMM so if you do not like something, you can turn it off very easily. (Tues, Mar 10, 00:05 New York Time).