⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Using CK to figure out object ids... which then don't work in game?

Tazling

I never thought I'd be frustrated with anything like this, but here we are.

I know how this works simply through time, but I don't know how to explain the how. I have difficulties explaining things at length, so I make it as simple as possible. It's when someone doesn't get it that it's a big problem.

There are people that do know how to explain this coherently and perhaps to them it's just easier to go to xEdit. For Skyrim.esm though, you don't need to do that. Nothing can ever load before it. As for Bend Will; all I know is that for my mods, my records always have the 02 index in the CK, so I don't know what's going on with Dragonborn.esm - I can't even get it to load, something about strings, I wont frustrate myself with that, so I'm sorry I can't help you figure that out.

I can tell you that if I want to spawn one of my modded objects, I need to use the 0E index in-game because it's 14 in my load order - this is standard decimal to hexadecimal conversion. Load Order managers also display mod indexes too. The CK doesn't read from plugins.txt, it doesn't care about load orders. In fact the 'load order' list you see in the CK is always arranged in what appears to be the last loaded/last created mod. It is on point about the FormID after 0x. The digits that follow are for sure 100% accurate.

I'll stick to the problem at hand. You can use the cast command for your racial power, it by all accounts WILL work, even if it's been removed.

; the ID I provided is for your night eye

player.cast 000D9DB0 player voice

I'm not a VR player, I don't know how you can go about using that in VR. There's a visual hand effect bug that comes with it supposedly but nothing that will break the game.