Super Mario World

Donkey Kong Country

Street Fighter 2

The Lion King

Super Mario Kart

Sonic series for Sega Genesis

N64

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (It's a 2000 title, too close to not list. I loved this game!)

Mario Kart 64

GoldenEye

Banjo Kazooie

Perfect Dark (Same as MM)

PS

Soul Blade

Tekken 3

Doom for PC

All I can remember for now. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

:mage: This topic is one I like, a few of my favorite retro-games are:

Alltime Favorite - Chrono Trigger

MSX: Wizbaz, Antarctic Adventure, Terramex

NES: Megaman (1,2,3,4,5,6), Shadowgate, Adventure Island 2, JAckie Chan's action kung fu, Castlevania (1,2,3), Ducktales

GB/color: Megaman(1,2,3,4,5), Mystic Quest(aka FF Adventure/Seiken densetsu), DQ monsters, Super Marioland (1,2,3), TLOZ: Links awakening, Pop Up

SNES: Chrono Trigger, Soulblazer, Illusion of Time(/Gaia), Terranigma, Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals, TMNT4: Turtles in time, SMW2: Yoshi's Island, Megaman X (1,2,3), Skyblazer, Demon's Crest, TLOZ: A link to the past

PC: Monkey Island 3: Curse of Monkey Island, Warcraft 2, Civilisation 2, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Dungeon Keeper, Grim Fandango

PS: FF Tactics: The war of the lions, FF (7,8,9), Suikoden (1,2), Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile,Jade cocoon, Megaman X(4,5,6)

It'sonly a small selection, but not a bad one I think.

• 2 weeks later...

There are many games I like, both retro and modern. My favorite of all games would probably be Oblivion. As for retro games, here's a list of a few I like (there are probably more but it would be a massive list):

Ultima 7 Black Gate (1992)

Ultima 7 Serpent Isle (1993)

Ultima 9 (1999)

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn (2000)

Unreal (1998)

Unreal Tournament (1999, GOTY in 2000)

Zork (1981, adapted to windows around 1997)

Wasteland (1988)

Starcraft (1997)

Abuse (1997, adapted to windows around 2004)

Age of Empires 2 (1999)

Homeworld (1999)

Homeworld: Cataclysm (2000)

C&C (1995)

Red Alert (1996)

Red Alert 2 (2000)

Starsiege: Tribes (1998)

Half-Life (1998)

Counter-Strike (1999)

Quake 2 (1996)

Quake 3 Arena (1999)

System Shock (1994)

System Shock 2 (1999)

TES 1: Arena (1994)

TES 2: Daggerfall (1996)

Diablo (1996)

Diablo 2 (1998)

Diablo 2 LOD (????, maybe 2003?)

Star Wars: Dark Forces 2 (1997)

Mortal Kombat (1991)

Street Fighter 2 (1992)

Warcraft (1994)

Deus Ex (2000)

Lemmings (1991, both DOS and Windows 95 versions (they're pretty much the same))

Though many of these I discovered as recently as a year or 2 ago, only a select few I actually played back in 2000/the 90's. And there are some I never tried that I eventually want to as well, such as Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, and Warcraft 2.

Edited by DeathWarrior

I have too many faves to list, so I'll take what comes to my mind:

NES > Super Mario Bros. (1 - 3), Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Adventure Island (1 - 3), Kirby's Adventure, Mega Man (1 - 6), Metroid, Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II, Castlevania (1 - 3)

SNES > Super Mario World (1 & 2), Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, F-Zero, Super Adventure Island, Donkey Kong Country (1 - 3), Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, Final Fantasy IV (4), Final Fantasy VI (6), Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Super Mario RPG, Mega X (1 - 3), Mega Man 7, Super Metroid, Castlevania: Dracula X

N64 > Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, GoldenEye 007, Perfect Dark, Wave Race 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, Doom 64, Quake 2, F-Zero X, Resident Evil 2

Not gonna carry the list on as it would take up one whole page o_O

I know there are already a couple of threads going about Doom, but I have to mention it as it deserves attention here as well. The first time I played it was on the Super Nintendo when I was too young to even think about owning a PC. The graphics were crap compared to versions I would see later, but I instantly fell in love with the style of gameplay (I'd never seen a FPS before). On that platform there was no way to save your progress, the only way to complete the game was to leave it on and keep playing, so one night after Christmas I locked myself in my room with some junk food and stayed up until dawn beating each chapter. It was great.

I know there are already a couple of threads going about Doom, but I have to mention it as it deserves attention here as well. The first time I played it was on the Super Nintendo when I was too young to even think about owning a PC. The graphics were crap compared to versions I would see later, but I instantly fell in love with the style of gameplay (I'd never seen a FPS before). On that platform there was no way to save your progress, the only way to complete the game was to leave it on and keep playing, so one night after Christmas I locked myself in my room with some junk food and stayed up until dawn beating each chapter. It was great.

Hehe, that sounds like fun XD I remember when I first seen an article about Doom for the Atari Jaguar. And when I seen it was also for the SNES, I was like "OMGWTFBBQ!!" I agree it's not the same as on the PC, but it opened the doors to FPS gaming for me. Since then I've been a fan of the genre, and always look forward to upcoming awesome FPS titles.

Speaking of staying up late, I remember when I first stayed up past 3 am playing video games. I was 8 or 9 and I had rented the game Super Adventure Island - I was fond of the games that were on the NES, and this game was pretty good. I forgot about time that night, but I'll always have good memories ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...