SE - How to change mod load order?

rocomat

Mod manager use is pretty standard afaik. Vortex, MO2, and NMM are popular. Myself, I'd recommend Vortex since it handles much of the grunt work quietly in the background (I haven't needed to open FNIS in almost a year, and I've only run Loot once externally in the past ~2-1/2 years since I started playing. (Vortex handles loot on its own, silently and same for FNIS). Granted, even with the automated load-pder optimization tool (loot) running in the background during the deployment phase, you can create mod load order rules (plugin load order actually) with relative ease when necessary, either by using the mods tab "manage rules" button to edit existing rules or create a new rule from the plugins tab, but most often, it's just not necessary. And of course, Vortex tracks your mods, so when an update comes out it's often as easy as clicking the update link in Vortex to take care of that.

For MO2 I believe you run Loot externally, then use that info to set your load order. Same for FNIS, TBH not exactly sure how MO2 does its stuff, but many prefer it so it must be doing something right. I don't know how it handles mods on Nexus that have updates available. presumably it has some function for that, but I really don't know.