What is the best way to make applied through script effects to work only in the Frontier world?

dudeapocalypse

I'm trying to fix YUP overriding frontier's 40mm Grenade APW's explosion with vanilla one (it changes 40mm ammo projective from "None" to 40mmgrenadeprojectile so it doesn't allow any other projectiles for weapons using 40mm grenades).

So far my best attempt was to make it dependant on the visibility of the Frontier's map markers, like .45 ammo recipes visibility is handled. But it's not ideal, because the first marker you discover in the Frontier (NCR airport base) can get removed from the map if you lose reputation with NCR while working for the Crusaders, so it's not reliable.

Of course I can just put there like a dozen of other markers player is more likely to discover fist, like this:

If (RobCoTowerMapMarkerRef.GetMapMarkerVisible > 0) || (WastedAngelMapMarkerRef.GetMapMarkerVisible > 0) ; and so on

SetProjectileExplosion 40mmGrenadeProjectile TF40mmGrenadeLauncherExplosion

but there's also a question of how the script would update. Is it reasonable performance-wise to make a script that would update every second through entire game (like NVDLC04AutoInjectQuestSCRIPT for auto-inject stimpacks) for such a small thing? Are there any other options?

Edited by dudeapocalypse