Why I joined the Stormcloaks.

tsukasa13

years ago, when oblivion first came out, i bought it for ps3 and played the livin hell outta of it!

then, this year, i repurchased oblivion for my xbox on the marketplace, and after beating the main questline (which, i wasnt interested in doing when i was 13) I really enjoyed the ending of the story.

So, when I got skyrim, I joined the stormcloaks after doing some research into their motivations and cause. And I sided with them. For the soul reason that I, the player, had had been with martin when he sacrificed himself to defeat Mehrunes Dagon to save Tamriel from the "Oblivion Crisis" (and lets not forget, ending the septim bloodline of emporers) By envoking his gift of being a descendant of Talos. And the Thalmor, made the empire ban the worship of Talos? I found it to be messed up! Talos had saved Tamriel, possibly the world! Screw the high elves for banning worship of the true hero of Tamriel.

This is, just of course, my opinion, and main reason why Ive never played as a high elf.

Yes, let the hate flow. Soon, you will embrace the Dark Side.

So, making yourself the enemy of the Empire is what Talos wanted? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Talos found the Empire?

Last I checked, the elves didn't ban Talos worship, just the Thalmor (not all Altmer are Thalmor, even).

Martin saved the world by using the Amulet of Kings, which has nothing to do with Talos. That was a gift from Akatosh.

Good grief. So much fail in your reasoning there. LOL

So, making yourself the enemy of the Empire is what Talos wanted? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Talos found the Empire?

Last I checked, the elves didn't ban Talos worship, just the Thalmor (not all Altmer are Thalmor, even).

Martin saved the world by using the Amulet of Kings, which has nothing to do with Talos. That was a gift from Akatosh.

ahh. you are correct about about the amulet of kings. But, is it not true that the Amulet contains the blood of Talos?

I also never said that the elves were the ones that banned worship of talos. I did the say the Thalmor, not the mer.

I believe I am correct. Also, Martin was not doing so just to preserve the Empire. He understood fully that Mehhunes could've destroyed the world.

ahh. you are correct about about the amulet of kings. But, is it not true that the Amulet contains the blood of Talos?

I also never said that the elves were the ones that banned worship of talos. I did the say the Thalmor, not the mer.

I believe I am correct. Also, Martin was not doing so just to preserve the Empire. He understood fully that Mehhunes could've destroyed the world.

No, the amulet of kings was given to Saint Alessia by Akatosh and when she died, her soul was placed inside the amulet. Alessia born and died in First Era while Talos reigned from Second Era 854 to 3E 38. Talos was a Nord so he could not possibly outlive Alessia. So no, the amulet does not contain the blood of Talos (though it does contain the soul of reigned emperors, since Talos ascended to godhood, it's unlikely that his soul remains in the amulet), and Talos does not seem to do anything about the Oblivion Crisis

It's pretty obvious that the amulet contained some vital essense of Akatosh, since Martin did turn into a dragon god right there at the end.

As a true hero, I'm sure Talos would understand why the Thalmor want his worship banned (because they're the cartoony villains of this story). That doesn't give you the right to throw down everything Talos sacrificed and went to war himself to create in the first place.

The Stormcloaks are just a storm in a teacup and will be recorded as a mere uprising in the next annals of Tamriel history, and of secondary importance to the real issues of Alduin's return and the tension's between the Empire and the Thalmor

I understand that having your beliefs suppressed is not good times, so I sympathise with the Stormcloaks. But overall I'd side with the Empire, not because I have any particular love of them, but because I find them less repellent. Just walk around in Windhelm! See all the blatant racial discrimination and segregation, all the dunmer shoved into a dark corner of the city. The argonians at the docks, who are not allowed into the cities. How Ulfric is very happy to send aid to Nords under attack but does nothing when it's a khajiit caravan...I side with the Imperials because the Stormcloaks offend me. Their ethos is good - if they actually upheld it. A faction of freedom fighters become the very oppressors they fight against, and Ulfric himself seems more interested in the throne of the High King.

And anyway, on the whole 'No More Talos' thing....seriously. What did you expect the Empire to do when faced with Thalmor annihilation? Say "We'll never surrender!" and watch as every man, woman and child is slaughtered? If they hadn't signed the White-Gold Concordat, all those fussy Nords mounting a rebellion would be doing their complaining from Sovngarde. In time, the Empire will probably amass the forces to repel the Thalmor.