Basic Mods Question

gumdoc

Hi All,

Decided to do a fresh install and replay Skyrim SE for the first time in years. I do have a question about mods and add-ons. I downloaded the SkyUI mod and it appears in my options for the Mods section of the SKSE64loader, no problems. But, I don't have the options to add the 3 DLCs, they are in the Add-Ons section and nothing happens if I click on them. In the past, there was a Data option in the Skyrim Launcher you'd choose your esm and esp files and change the order, but that's obviously different now. Just curious if there's anything I need to do on my end to activate Dawnguard, Dragonborn, etc.

The .esm files are in the /Data folder along with the Skyrim and Update .esm files, and I'm running v. 1.5.97.

Thanks for any help....it's been awhile :-)

Ok, well, I was looking through the USSEP requirements and it lists the following order:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Hearthfires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
[any Creation Club master-flagged ESLs you may have]
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
Are those directions outdated?
Thanks.

Not sure if I explained it properly. Right now, if I go into Mods, the only thing I see is the USSEP and the Skyui. I can't place update or skyrim or the dlc as they don't show up in my list, I only see the esp files, not the esm files. The esm files are definitely there, but I can't reorder the others since they don't show up under Mods.

The dlc order is irrelevant as long as they are below update and skyrim

Not using Vortex. As far as I know, the files are in their default locations. The DLCs and all other esm/esp files are in the Skyrim/Data folder. The DLCs show up under Add-ons when I boot up Skyrim, I can choose the Skyui and USSEP mods under the Mod section. I just don't see Skyrim.esm or Update.esm under Mods or Add-ons.

None, I'm only using 2 mods so just manually copied the .esp files into the Data folder.

I just downloaded and am running Vortex, seems to be pretty easy and gives me that control. One question: do I have to start Vortex before each session of Skyrim or once I set it up, can I just leave it alone?