ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Mod request: Make all rifles behave like heavy weapons

Oatmealplz

I'm doing a realism playtrough and I would love a mod that lets you equip, but not store weapons beside a sidearm. IE all weapons besides sidearms behave like heavy machine guns, getting dropped as you equip something else.

I like going in to a mission with only a pistol, and having to scavenge weapons from the enemies I kill.

Also without any ammo in my inventory, making each weapon I pick up having only one mag in them, forcing me to keep picking up new guns.

This makes the firefights very dynamic and varied, and you get to experience a multitude of firearms instead of just the one you have come across atm with the best stats.

This playstyle would be enhanced even more if you actually couldn't store firearms in your inventory, so no option but to use the ones you find. Also forcing you to leave it behind after the mission as you would scare civilians in the street if you walked around with a rifle in your hands.

If anyone can think of a way to mod this, it would be awesome!

+1

Player can carry way too much weapons and there is no scarcity in ammunition or anything. While the game looks like giving you access to emergency firearms all over the map and way to carry weapons under your skin like you actually need these extras to be able to fight but you not. You always have your main weapons ready.

Pistols are way too overpowered in this game. Many build using them mainly.