Witcher 2 "Redkit" SDK released for modders, NMM support inbound

Dark0ne

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #8053952. #8054481, #8073382, #8073405, #8073641, #8078951, #8082585, #8084393, #8089569, #8097522, #8122018 are all replies on the same post.

Skyrim is nothing short of exceptionally optimized. I was running it on high settings with texture packs at 35-45 fps 1920 x 1200 resolution on an Nvidia GTS 240. Yes, that's an ABSURDLY shitty card. And no, I'm not lying.

On the other hand I couldn't run Witcher 2 on low/medium settings at more than 25 fps.

I now have an ATI Radeon 7770 and can run FXAA, all settings ultra on Skyrim with an absurd amount of mods/texture packs and Superb ENB at 30-45 fps.

On the other hand I can Witcher 2 on medium-high settings with no SSAO or AA or motion blur at 1440 x w/e resolution at 30-45 fps.

I want to mention to people here that mods for witcher 2 are already being worked on(there isn't many people working on mods yet but it will change with time, there are 3 shader mods) but most of people working on them spend time on official redkit site.

For example: Full Combat Rebalance 2 for witcher 2 is supposedly coming out soon. Here are just a few features that his upcoming mod will include:

- overall purpose of the mod is to increase Geralt’s responsiveness and mobility

- Geralt can parry attacks while he’s walking and running (new animations)

- Geralt reacts faster to keyboard/gamepad buttons

- active block was replaced by active Quen

- during heavy battle Geralt uses pirouettes and focus (new animations)

- difficulty levels were rebalanced

- Geralt does not “bump” away from opponent’s swords when his attacks are parried which allows quick continuation of the attack sequence

- opponents explode when particular attacks are used, e.g. Igni causes opponent explosion, just like in The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition intro

- elixirs have negative influence

So don't give up on witcher 2 moding yet :), someone should try to persuade people on official site to post mods on nexus :D.

Edited by culaio

Good news.

I think it's a bit late for that though. W2 Mods (on Nexus at least) never seemed to have really taken off. And by now I'm not even sure how many people still play the game or would make mods. Guess we can hope and see.

• 2 months later...