Settlers on Clean-Up Duty

fo3guzmaan

In workshop areas there always is a lot of trash and clutter lying around, that cannot be removed in workshop mode. There are mods to provide cleaned up settlements, but there could be a more "organic" way to do this in game...

Assign a settler to clean-up duty! He then will roam around the settlement and will remove a certain amount of clutter per day.

This could be handled by assigning a settler to a cleanup bench that needs to be built in a settlement, or by repurposing the scavenger bench.

The daily clean-up action of a settler should provide some workshop resources, like wood, steel, cloth, plastics, screws, etc. or maybe even items, like empty bottles, different bone types and other objects, that can be associated with trash. Maybe build in a rare chance to find a nice weapon, food, drugs, or a piece of armor.

During each clean-up (one per day per allocated settler) a visible trash/clutter/skeleton object is being removed from the settlement. This can be done until all clutter is removed from the settlement. Once the settlement is free of clutter, the player should be notified, to allow the reassignment of the settlers on trash duty.

It might be useful to completely repurpose the scavenger bench with this functionality as its function overlaps with the intended function of a clean-up bench.

I guess, it would be required for the modder, to create a complete list of trash objects per settlement to be removed by this mod's function and to define in what order this clean-up will happen and what amount of trash is being removed by day. That does not sound exciting at all and could be a massive downer in motivating somebody to do such a mod...

I have no talent for modding myself, therefore I'm just proposing this idea. This could be an interesting concept to explore for somebody with the talent to do it.

I hope, I've presented my idea in an understandable way and am open for any questions you might have.