Help with my custom companion?

Alixen

Hey all.

I'm trying to make a pair of custom companions. I'm using: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1011099-tutz-companionfollower-tutorial/

I started one, Catherine, one of my alternate lone wanderers.

It all seemed to go smoothly, but now i'm testing her none of the commands actually seem to work, the 'follow me' option seems to only even appear when it wants to.

And the second issue, is her body skintone not matching her face. I've heard that ESMifying her will fix this in the long run, but I want to be able to edit her appearance easily, which would then eman swapping back to ESP if I even wanted to change her hair. Sorted with FO3Plugin.

Please could i get some troubleshooting help? Everything starts with 'aaCath' for ease, and she is stood in Moriarty's with clovers/a pink dress on.

Note that I don't need it fixing, please, I need information on what I did wrong and can do to fix it. Else, i'll make the mistakes with the next one.

Edited by Alixen

Giving it a quick glance I can give you a few ideas that I have learned while doing my mod.

First your NPC has no AI Packages assigned. I see you have the AI Packages in the mod, but they are not assigned to her at all so she is never going to run any of them.

Next, and this is purely from my experience, Top-Level the way you are using it has always been buggy to me. I prefer putting the stuff under GREETING and letting the Conditions do the work for me as far as what shows and what does not. I am sure Top-Level works well for most people, but I always have a bad time with it working the way I think it should.

The big thing I notice that may or may not be an issue is your Conditions for the Topic Text. It looks like you are using DoOnce as your Condition Variable under Function Info and I think you meant to use Status.