How do I uninstall all mods without making my savegame corrupted?

Dirilu

Hey guys..

I want to start all over with a new vanilla install. But I want to use my old savegame. Is there a way to uninstall all 3party mods without making my savegame corrupted??

I have already tried to uninstall backwards. I mean the newest installed mods first to the oldest. but that didn't worked. When I run my savegame without any mods, I get all the usually missing errors like wetriggerscript error and missing relics, and then the game shuts down. :(

I am using NMM.

//Dirilu

Every time you make a save, the save includes stuff from the mods you have installed at that time. Many times, the game can work around missing things - but sometimes it just can't - and crashes. This is especially true if you have objects added or changed by a removed mod in your inventory when you made that save. Or if there is something modded that somehow changed the game in the same cell you saved from. When you try to load that game, it looks for the stuff that you removed - if it can't find it - then it crashes.

Try dropping everything - then going to a safe place - use the Console to COC to an unused interior ( there are several that are not used in the game at all and are inaccessible any other way) - Try Coc HelgenHomestead - make a save there. Then try your save to see if it works. It's going to depend on what else was saved.

hey OP... if I understand well you want to remove skyrim completely off your system and reinstall it with your current mods not losing your save games and such?

For what reason are you doing that? If you have problems with your game right now, it's most likely mod related. Reinstalling the game the same way it is now will not fix anything....

You more or less want to just replace the official Skyrim esm/bsa files... you could also simply remove those files from your system and have Steam verify your files - sees they are missing - and will re-download them.

Dunno exactly what you want... but it wont fix a thing unless you TES5Edited your official files into Oblivion

Also the 'error' you refer to is a Papyrus error... Please dont forgot (damn I keep repeating it) Papyrus log is NOT an error/crash log. It's not even close to that, It does not tell you why your game is crashing in 99% of the cases.

The only realistic way of doing this is deactivating them one at a time and making a save after each time. If you try and uninstall all at once, you're screwed.

It would also help to go somewhere that has the least editing possible (for example, an interior vanilla cell without any npcs and no modded objects or items). Wait thirty in game days, so that everything resets, after and before uninstalling.

I'm not an expert at this by the way, so don't quote me on this.

This *will* end badly, seeing that you want to remove *all* mods. Even if you pull them out one by one, there are still orphaned scripts running. Bloatbombs may occur, such as with Sounds of Skyrim before its re-release. Also, there will be many locales edited by mods that will have the edited stuff removed and things not reverted to the way they were before removal.

TBH, the simplest option you have is to just start over with a new game with everything uninstalled, and all loose scripts deleted.

If it's due to instabilities, have you tried BOSS?