Help, cannot enter The Companion´s (downstairs part)

Killerhuesos

Help me please. I cannot enter the door that is downstairs in the Companion´s place. My game freezes after loading (I can even hear the door closing). When I reload again, I appear inside that room, but if I try to enter from outside again, the game freezes (black screen) Any solution/recommendation please?

If you are not using BOSS, that may be your problem.

Download BOSS, (it is a regular program, not a mod). In the GUI, select the option to have the BOSS log show in txt format, not html.

After you run BOSS, look at the log. Address any messages it gives you (obsolete mods, compatibility issues, whatever.) Then run BOSS again. Hand place the unrecognized mods as the mod author instructs. If there is no information about that on the mod page, then place with similar mods (house mods together, etc.)

After that, try playing your game. If the problem persists, copy/paste the BOSS log to a post in this thread. Enclose it in spoiler tags (you will find the spoiler tag in the pulldown menu of the third icon on the left of the top toolbar).

If you are not using the steam version of Skyrim, then none of the above will work, and that would be the problem.