Wisdom of the Ancestors - An Elder Scrolls RP

AurianaValoria1

Lucius entered the main hall and kept to the shadows, he smiled and walked into the light after Svarn's impassioned speech and Velanya waved to them to follow.

"Am I not included?" He asked as he approached, his weapons stowed and in a very non-threatening and casual manner.

He removed his fur-lined blades helmet and scarf to reveal his long dark hair and handsome features, his eyes glowed orange, his pupils a bold yellow that seemed to be filled with endless hunger. Feeding on those Forsworn allowed him to take the face of a Mortal, hiding his horrific vampiric appearance with the exception of his eyes.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willis looked around the room, taking in the beautiful but ill-maintained architecture. This was definitely going to be a challenge to restore to its former glory—he silently cursed the fact that Restoration magic only worked on organic targets.

"I'm afraid my Alteration is a bit rusty," he commented. "But my bare hands aren't without their uses. Just tell me what to do."

Just then, he heard a voice from the shadows, and turned to see that yet another man had entered the temple. The orange-yellow eyes gave away his condition at once, but the state of the rest of his face suggested his hunger had been satisfied for the moment, and so Willis made no defensive move.

Edited by Glitchipedia

Velanya whirled around, hand on her katana. The man she beheld was not a man, but a vampire of the Volkihar clan. She had only seen their kind one other time in her life, and it was just a glimpse, but she would recognize those hollow golden eyes anywhere. He wore the armor of the Blades of Cyrodiil, but she had never seen his particular countenance before- she could only wonder why he was here.

"Who in Oblivion are you?" she asked, her eyes narrowed. For all she knew, he was some monster about to slaughter them all, with no regard for the Empire whatsoever.

Lucius smiled and bowed very courtly to the woman.

"I am Captain Lucius Gallenius, personal guard to the late emperors Uriel Septim and Martin Septim." He said with a slight smile.

He had thought the blades destroyed, last he had heard they had been wiped out by the Thalmor during the Great War. Numerous times he has fought these elves who attempted to pursue him.

"I came here to wander these halls once again and perhaps the final time in my unlife... I mistook you for Tomb Robbers looking to plunder the relics hidden here but it seems..." He said as he looked at the well armed party, many of them Dunmers and more then a few wearing Ordinator armor. "...It appears I was incorrect in that assumption." He added as he stepped forward and slowly untied the cloth sash that held his katana's on his back and set them down on the ground next to his feet, to show he was not willing to harm them.

Ra'Qassar - Karthspire

Ra'Qassar also noted the vampire's origins and at Velanya's question, he chimed in, "This is a vampire, Volkihar I believe." The Khajiit bristled slightly but did not draw his weapon. He had dealt with enough predators to know when they were ready to strike, and vampires were nothing if not predators. He did lay his hand on his dagger though and was prepared to draw it. Even though he knew that the vampire had far better reflexes than a normal man, he somehow felt confident.

Baltis Llervu - Karthspire

Baltis immediately recognized the man for what he was. He smirked slightly when he heard the vampire confess his profession. "It is a pleasant thing that you realized that. We would hate to half to spill even more blood." This Lucius character was interesting to be sure and had certainly seen his fair share of tamriel, one often did in the unlife. Llervu locked eyes with him briefly to pass a certain sense of understanding between the two.

Adrynn got one long glance at the interior of the temple before the vampire Lucius announced himself. The Redoran whirled around, his blade leaping from its scabbard and flames erupting in his off hand. He instinctively fell into a ready stance, his customary scowl returning. But he didn't attack. Instead, he forced his anger at being surprised by a vampire down, and shakily clenched his hand closed over the dancing flames in his palm, snuffing them out with a hiss. He stood up to a more civil stance, but let his sword hang loose in his hand at his side. He wasn't going to give this vampire a chance to strike, whether he was armed or not.

The Dunmer's scowl was deep, and his distaste for Lucius's condition was plainly evident on his weathered features. "You would indeed be wrong in your assumption, vampire," Adrynn said, his voice low. "We do not plunder the hallowed halls of the dead for treasure nor for twisted purposes." He did not need to explain his hatred of vampires, in any form. Vampires were the worst abominations of his culture. Perversions of life, full of malice, and with an unnatural hunger for blood. It made his skin crawl.

"What do you wish with us, child of Molag Bal?" Adrynn asked pointedly, his crimson eyes hard as rubies.

Stepping forward, Willis placed a gentle hand on Adrynn's free arm.

"Stay your anger, friend," he said. "If this man meant us harm, I believe he would have struck already. And he certainly would not have revealed himself to us."

While his knowledge of vampiric hunting tactics was admittedly limited, this seemed to him to be the logical conclusion.

Edited by Glitchipedia

Svarn stepped forward he raised his axe to the ready and watched, he was adept at hunting all forms of predators and the children of Molag Bal were no exception, while he may know little of them he knew the predator that lurked in all of them. If this one was truly hunting them, he would have struck by now. Despite the vampires intentions he remained at the ready.

Lucius tightened his fist at the words of the Dunmer.

"A product of his creation I may be but I seek to be rid of my curse nearly as much as you would like to put a sword through my heart." He said in a direct tone at the Dunmer. He would not let the Dunmer's anger antagonize him further.

He looked to Velanya, the senior Blades member, he knelt down and grabbed his katana slowly and held it up in both his hands as if he was offering it to her.

"I wish to travel with you... redeem my sins fighting the enemies of the order I once swore my life to, and now I swear my Unlife to." Lucius swore his oath as solemn as the day he swore it in his mortal life.

Edited by Macman253

Baltis Llervu - Karthspire

Baltis felt a sudden surge of emotions, embarrassment, shame, and disgust, it was an interesting cocktail to be sure. As soon as it came, it dissipated. He wasn't sure why, vampire's had never offended him before and he had only ever prided himself on detecting powerful magic users, there was no shame in him not noticing this creature of the night. He could clearly see the hatred in Adrynn though. Baltis almost laughed aloud at the irony of his companion's disposition. Here stood a great Redoran warrior, disgusted and revolted by a vampire, yet now quite tolerant, perhaps even appreciative, of a Telvanni lich. Baltis's lips curled up in a smile briefly in amusement.

Emotionally, Velanya was torn. Her raising as a Dunmer told her this man before her was nothing more than an abomination to be struck down. But her life as a Blade told her to have mercy upon him...and the little voice in her head suggested that his unique talents could be of particular use to them.

After a few moments, she let out a forceful sigh, "I hope I will not come to regret this decision," she slowly approached and looked down at the vampire Blade, "but for now, you may stay. And, if you're interested," she hesitated before adding, "we might be able to help you find a cure for your condition. But only if our other needs are being met, first."

She glanced at the mage, "And the foremost problem on my mind is that." She pointed upward at the gash in the roof of the cave-temple, which was at least ten feet across at its greatest width and forty feet long. "Until it's solved, we get rain and possibly stray enemies dropping in on us. No equipment or furniture will last in this dampness. Which brings me to my next issue."

Velanya turned to Adrynn and Faeryn, "We need a smith. Someone who can stay here and repair our armors - and fabricate new ones for our recruits. Yes, recruits. We're going to need a lot more people here and quickly...before the Thalmor and the Penitus Oculatus can get a bead on our activity. There's only so long I can stall the Oculatus's investigations here. Sooner or later, they're going to find out about my personal project - and we need to be ready for that."