Wisdom of the Ancestors - An Elder Scrolls RP

AurianaValoria1

Ra'Qassar - Skyhaven Temple

Ra'Qassar walked with Velanya to the rest of the Blades stronghold. It was eerily... homie to the Khajiit. His own dwelling was a cave hidden in Whiterun hold filled with furniture, trophies and equipment that he had furnished almost entirely on his own. He had required the assistance of a few other individuals to complete his forge, however, it was by-in-large his own creation. The airy, dirty and dank temple reminded him of his own cave and a certain nostalgia washed over him. He remembered all of the hard work that had gone into making his dwelling a home and of each aspect of Whiterun that he had brought into it. He found that he had made the right decision accompanying the group to Karthspire.

He spoke up about the gaping hole in the roof, "I am no master craftsman, but I can prepare a temporary solution for our roof until a mason and carpenter can be found. I can also service arms and armor passably well and make furniture. Again, I am no master, but it is better than nothing for now."

Galus - Skyhaven Temple

Galus found the vampire's plight interesting. It was rare for one to spend so much time and dedications searching for a cure, yet still take the time to assist with other matters. Galus had met a mage who had been afflicted with vampirism and cured. Perhaps when there was a lull, Galus could assist Lucius in this quest of his.

The temple was a bit of a mess, that was to be sure, but it was evident that it had been a lot worse and Velanya had done as best she could with her limited resources. "I can sustain a spell to keep the water out for now. If I have to leave the temple it will require some extra preparation, but it should hold until Ra'Qassar can make his remedies or we get an expert."

Baltis Llervu - Skyhaven Temple

Baltis nodded in approval when Galus lended his own offer to the restoration. Baltis was about to offer the same thing as it happened. The lich figured that he could sustain a much more powerful spell, one that could also keep out enemies, but no one needed to know that. Let the young one get some experience and gain some legitimacy. Baltis had once known perhaps the greatest smith to ever grace Tamriel, he was certainly the greatest in the Empire at the time. Unfortunately though, Imperials die, as did this one over 150 years ago of old age. Baltis had lost contact with most of the outside world about a century ago, keeping to his tower, his charges and his studies. Sadly, he had very few connections with the current world. Virtually everyone he knew was standing in that temple with him.

"I'm not the best candidate for recruiter or envoy, Velanya. What would you have me do? My experience with construction is limited mostly to magical fungi rather than wood and stone." The lich felt oddly useless here, other than spellwork, his expertise was quite inapplicable at the temple it seemed and the spellwork was already covered.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Svarn stepped forward, his eyes glancing back to Lucius before he spoke.

"I am fair with a hammer, I built my own farmstead. House, barn and stable with my hands." He said with a slight smile, deep down when this was over and the Forsworn driven from the Reach he would like to return to the simple life, hang up his axe and farm the land once more.

"The Jarl Of Markarth gifted me a plot for my service to the city militia. When I was a lad, I apprenticed to a Blacksmith. Making weapons and armor and repairing them is no problem, so long as I have a proper forge and materials." He added as he set the pommel of his axe on the stone floor and leaned on it like a cane.

Lucius smiled and stood, he bowed his head to the Telvanni Lich, he could smell the air of death surrounding him. He and Lucius shared an unusual bond, immortals helping mortals. Lucius sought freedom from his curse, the Lich on the other hand he did not know why, he would have to ask him when the time was proper.

Adrynn crossed his arms. He glanced to the jagged scar in the temple's ceiling and wondered just how all that stone had weathered away. Though considering the climate in this part of Skyrim, it wasn't too surprising. Rain, mist, and more rain hitting stone over the millennia had worn its way through the dense stone.

"As for the roof, there isn't much I could do for it other than put a large flexible covering over the opening," Adrynn said. He glanced to Velanya. "As for this smith you seek, I'm sure we could find an Orsimer armorer who would be willing to take up the craft. I know there are many strongholds here in Skyrim after the fall of Orsinium, though I do not know their exact location."

The Redoran turned now to the vampire, Lucius. "And let me make myself perfectly clear on this matter, Lucius. Though you may have allied with us, let me warn you. If I catch you feeding among any of our number, or I find out you have betrayed us, I will not think twice to put my sword through your undead heart. Are we clear on this matter?" Adrynn asked with a deadly serious face.

Willis narrowed his eyes at Adrynn. The Dunmer seemed to innately distrust vampires—this was in stark contrast to Willis, who in fact felt sorry for the poor creatures. From what he understood, very few were so afflicted by choice, and those that embraced their condition had either given up hope or weren't good people to begin with. If Lucius was, indeed, still in search of a cure, then that meant there was surely some light hidden beneath the shroud of his disease, right?

Nevertheless, it seemed Willis' attitude was still considered fairly new. If his companions were going to be suspicious of the newcomer, he might as well offer them some reassurance conformed to their worldview.

"If it will make you feel better, Adrynn," he said, "I will look after this man and ensure he causes no trouble for us. Should I fail in that duty, I will accept whatever fate befalls me."

Baltis Llervu - Skyhaven Temple

Baltis had to suppress a grin again at Adrynn's agitation towards the vampire. Such an ironic situation. Willis on the other hand impressed Baltis, it was rare to see people who could tolerate vampires it seemed. In Baltis's day it was mostly the more shadowy factions and the Telvanni who would tolerate them, even now it was much the same. Willis proved that he was willing to put forth the effort to become a part of the team. The lich hoped that Lucius would also take not of how much the Breton had just stuck his neck out and would appreciate it for what it was worth. If Lucius did, however, turn on them. Well, someone without blood didn't have much to fear from a vampire. And there was Ra'Qassar. Baltis would need to speak with him again soon.

Lucius smiled as the Dunmer threatened him once again. He crossed his arms and kept the smile, the light threats meant nothing to him. He knew what he was capable of and he swore an oath, an oath that once bound him in life and now it will bind him in unlife.

"Dunmer... if I were to ever betray you, you would not know that I did so. Do you not think I have survived for the last two hundred years by leaving trails of drained corpses about the countryside?" He asked rhetorically. "No... We vampires have learned tricks to conceal our feeding, feed without infection or leaving evidence behind, brutality is not the Volkihar way. Yes, my blood comes from the patriarch of the Volkihar clan but as I stated before and I will state again." Lucius said in a stronger voice so all could hear.

"I seek a cure to my disease, in life or death I wish to be free of this curse, but more so is the fact that in my mortal life I swore it to The Blades and the Emperor and I died for them, but as you can see I didn't remain that way, after two hundred years of wandering across all of Tamriel I was brought here.. I would say it was divine intervention, the oath I swore not five minutes ago is as truthful as the day I swore it two hundred years ago.." He said as he stared into Adrynn's eyes, not more then a foot from his face.

Lucius stepped away from the Dunmer and the rest, he had goaded him once again and today had been taxing on his nerves. He walked past them and towards Alduin's Wall. Memories of his early years with the Blades flashed as he placed his hand on the snout of the dragon carved into the stonework. The same place he had placed his hand two hundred years prior when he was just a recruit, he toured Skyrim with the Emperor and his Uncle and along the way they visited this ancient stronghold.

"Our best course of action is to fortify this place as soon as possible. The Forsworn will find the bodies and know this is where we went... we should either dispose of them quickly or prepare for an attack." He said as he turned back towards the group.

Velanya nodded to the male Khajiit and the Altmer who both offered to mend the gash above them, "Whatever you can do, do it. I've got a shipment of furniture on its way to Markarth...it should be there in a few days' time. So, the rainwater and precariousness of that roof is my main concern about the temple itself, for now. As for you, Baltis," she glanced to the lich, "I trust you can make some magical wards to guard the entrance to this place."

Faeryn looked to Adrynn, "What you mention about Orcish strongholds...I've heard there's one near here, if my direction isn't completely off. Perhaps they can provide a willing recruit as well as some materials for us to work with - or at least, access to them."

Velanya then turned to Sandhya and Lucius, "As for you two...I assume vampire eyes are as keen as Khajiiti. There are lookout towers beyond the doors past Alduin's wall, up there," she pointed, "And a view of at least half the Reach. I want you to keep an eye out for any movements, be they Forsworn, Thalmor, or Imperial."

Sandhya nodded, "This one shall do so."

Iodiria surveyed the drab and desolate interior of Skyhaven temple, entering it with the others and keeping closest to Adrynn. Akaviri architecture was something rather new to her, and she had never wandered into the confides of a temple created by the mysterious race. It was all rather grand and imposing, but the gaping hole in the ceiling, and the lack of furnishing made the atmosphere abysmal, at least, that was Iodiria's view. But such places were among the best in which to meditate, keep oneself calm.

As the vampire made his introduction, it took near all of her willpower to not dash forward and attack him with her blade. Her knuckles whitened as she squeezed the grip of her blade, but felt her fingers loosen as the creature mentioned a desire to be rid of it's curse- Such a belief was a noble one, shared by bouyant armiger Galur Rithari, as he suffered the vile disease. Her overall demeanor was much alike that of Adrynn's, being in the presence of such a vile creature made her blood boil, but if he truly wished for a cure, then she would cause him no trouble.

Torn by emotion, physical pain and an aching mind, Iodiria had nothing to offer in the discussion of rebuilding- She was not a craftsman, an architect, she was a warrior, and her talents extended a little into the realms of restorative magics. But aside from being able to cut down the Thalmor, she had little to offer, and for what was certainly not the first time after the fall of Morrowind, she felt useless. No army, no followers, no people- She had nothing but her sword arm to offer.

With a heavy sigh she turned to Velanya "I am afraid I have nothing to offer regarding our current situation, but when the time comes for battle I shall be ready. I thank you for your kindness, allowing me to stay despite my rigid ways. Our beliefs may never be compatible I fear, but in the face of the Thalmor, they are unimportant, I will fight for you as I would fight for Morrowind- On that you have my oath." With a bow Iodiria turned to leave the main hall, and explore the temple.

Adrynn nodded to Faeryn, suddenly overcome with weariness. He took a glance down at his armor and noticed it was slick with blood. He sighed.

"Cousin, show me where I could wash my armor, and myself, and let us have our discussion as I get clean," Adrynn suggested, unconsciously wiping at some of the blood on his heavy bonemold.

Until Adrynn spoke, Willis had thought nothing of the blood stains on his own robe. He decided to leave them for now, as they would be of little consequence until absolute stealth was needed. His priority at the moment was keeping an eye on Lucius, as he had promised. To start, he kept a distance of about a meter—not out of concern for his own safety, but out of regard for the vampire's personal space.

"I am in agreement with you regarding the bodies outside," Willis said. "How do you propose they be disposed of?"