⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Wisdom of the Ancestors - An Elder Scrolls RP

AurianaValoria1

Okuras and Sandhya stood in silence and listened as Balgruuf explained the situation to Sienna. Apparently, the horde of Thalmor that had all but sacked his city had come to try and wrest control of Whiterun away from the Empire for good. But the elves had severely underestimated the guardsmen and the other defenders of the hold and were now on the run. Scouts reported that one portion of the survivors fled northwards, almost straight towards the ruins of Labyrinthian. The other portion had gone past the eastern border of the hold and disappeared into Eastmarch. The Jarl was willing to pay a hefty bounty in gold for proof of both groups' eradication.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felix smiled, Labryinthian is a well known ruins that numerous thieves and treasure hunters have attempted to infiltrate to plunder its secrets, he relished the thought of going there and testing himself against the numerous traps and foes inside, his first thought would be the septims a relic from the Labryinthian would be worth and how could he sell it but he had to push those thoughts aside in favor of the bigger picture, why would they go to Labryinthian?

'Interesting...' Felix said as he caressed his beard, his thoughts turned to the legendary ruins once again. 'The magical secrets hidden there would be almost irresistible to the Thalmor... and the College.' He added, remembering the last time he was in their library he remembered reading a book on the ancient ruin and the 'Beast Within', which beast he knew not but he suspected it would be guarded by the dead. 'I recommend we go to Labryinthian, it is closer and the more immediate threat to Morthal and Falkreath...'

Rilgumskar did what he could for the injured, but for most of them they just needed some rest. The healers that had attended to them already had patched up most of the wounds suffered, and once they'd spent a day or two lying down, they'd be right as rain.

He went back into the keep itself, deciding it prudent to listen to whatever the Jarl had to say. He joined his new friends downstairs by the hearth, not saying a word until Balgruuf finished. Once he was, Rilgumskar decided to let the others speak before he chimed in himself.

"Well, first things first. Felix. There isn't an entance to the Labyrinthian anywhere near Falkreath. Trust me, I've been down there before. Far as anyone's knowledge goes- including mine, and that of the College- there isn't a single entrance to it south of Whiterun hold. Or within it, for that matter." He corrected. "As for the situation as a whole, the Labyrinthian is dangerous, and it's pretty likely the Thalmor will lose some, if not all, of their people reaching its depths. The problem lies in the fact that should they survive, they'll have access to powerful artifacts and, more importantly, an easily-defendable, remote fortress. On the other hand, the group that fled into Eastmarch is an immediate danger to the countryside around them. It's a gamble. I'd personally recommend eliminating the ones in Eastmarch first, since a force in the Labyrinithian won't be bothering people anytime soon and they may not survive long enough to. Either way, if we're pursuing these Altmer, I'll be joining you. I'm sure some extra magical talent and a good axe will do you some good."

Okuras crossed her arms, "You bring up a good point, Rilgumskar. I would rather go for Labyrinthian first, though...as the dragon flies, it's not far from Whiterun at all. If those Thalmor can best whatever is in there...most likely College researchers...then they'll be on top of Balgruuf again before you know it. The Eastmarch is full of giants and bandits and spiders that can handle a few elves."

Sandhya's whiskers twitched, "This one would rather go to Eastmarch. The countryside has been emptying since the war started again. Many caves have been cleared, and the Altmer could pick any one of them to hide in. It could take much just to find which hole these elves might have fallen into. Besides, Sandhya does not like Labyrinthian."

The Argonian sighed, "What say you, knight?"

Ra'Qassar had initially thought that Labyrinthian should be their destination, but Rilgumskar used sound logic which Ra'Qassar found more in tune with his whole mindset, rather than his knee-jerk reaction. "I believe that the battlemage is correct. Eastmarch is vulnerable. The elves will not prey on cities, but small towns, villages and farmsteads. People who do not have much contact with the outside world and who will not be discovered until too late, when the trail has run cold. There are many hiding places in Eastmarch. If we act now, we can catch them before they can disappear, as my fellow Khajiit pointed out. Labyrinthian on the other hand, is a large complex that will take many days for anyone to traverse, even a large number of Thalmor. I have been to this place and I have seen its depths. It is a dangerous place for anyone. The Thalmor will not be able to leave it for at least a fortnight, and when they do, we will find them with ease. No one like them leaves Labyrinthian after plunging its depths without leaving a trail. I believe that though the threat within Labyrinthian is dire, it is less imminent than that towards Eastmarch. That is where I would set my trail first. It is up to you though, Knight."

Ra'Qassar felt bad about judging the lady knight too quickly, but his years of fighting, betrayal and service had made him a quick judge of character. He was usually on the mark, but whenever someone resembled legion, his vision got clouded, and quickly. He didn't mention that her race and appearance were nothing compared to her arrogance: the chief reason he thought she was a legion officer. He had seen similar disrespect from legate after legate and captain after captain, but he just chewed on those words rather than speak them. Best to leave things lie and not rub salt into any wounds.

Sienna listened intently to all of the arguments presented on the matter of destination. Skyrim was not her homeland and she had never traversed it in full, it was new and exotic to her in the respect that it's denizens and natural creatures were unfamiliar- The customs, the cave systems, even the food, it was so very different from Cyrodiil.

"This Labyrinthian... I had not heard of it until now. My life has never brought me close the Synod, so I am rather in the dark to the magical places of interest in this world... But it sounds rather familiar to the ancient Aylied cities of my homeland- Each a vast labyrinth of magical artifacts and dangerous secrets, they stretch for miles and miles beneath the ground. If we are capable of traversing the entirety of Eastmarch to search various caves for these Thalmor, before those in Labyrinthian attack Whiterun again, then by all means let it be our first destination- Skyrim is an unfamiliar land to me in most respects." Sienna was sceptical and her choice not final, she relied on the others to come to an agreement.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Felix nodded, he never knew it's true location and he had only been in Skyrim for less then a year and he too was unfamiliar with it's terrain but being blind and unable to read a map also attributed greatly to that. Fighting in forests and caves made him nervous about engaging Thalmor forces, many of whom are potent wizards, they could likely burn a forest down with witch-fire or bring down an avalanche, he couldn't help but turn his mind back to Labryinthian, if he were to discover it's secrets maybe Nocturnal would gift him back his sight. The thought could not escape his mind as he dwelled on it.

When Sienna declared they were to head into Eastmarch he felt pained that he wouldn't have his chance at the cavern but he will have a chance at the Thalmor and that is a good thing in his book. He walked up to Rilgumskar and gently placed a hand on his shoulder, 'I regret that when we first met I had not the opportunity to introduce myself... I am Felix and I offer my condolences to your late friend. May Arkay watch over her...' He said with a warm smile, despite his cocky and brash attitude he took death very seriously and could see that Rilgumskar was in pain.

"Eastmarch it is," Okuras nodded, "Let's go. We can't waste any time."

With that, she and Sandhya departed Dragonsreach and began to leave the city of Whiterun, turning at the crossroads and heading east.

As the group left the city Ra'Qassar mentioned his thoughts on tracking the Thalmor, "We should stop at Vaultheim Towers, they guard the pass into Eastmarch, the only other route is North through Labyrinthian and then East or South through Helgen and around the Throat of the World. The towers are usually infested with bandits, we will know what direction the Thalmor are headed based on what the scene is like there. The elves are sure to leave plenty of traces as well. It was a hasty retreat and they are likely to crash through the brush as soon as they leave the roadside." After this general remark, Ra'Qassar moved closer to the knight.

"I apologize for my hasty judgement earlier, knight. I have had many bad experiences with imperials in shining armor, but that does not justify my prejudice at Dragonsreach."

"Hmm you are correct... we should look for any disturbances in the brush as we approach, any bodies of bandits, highwaymen, soldiers even, I imagine the Thalmor were not in any mood for capture." Sienna added with a nod, Ra Qassar had indeed thought the situation through, and his advice would indubitably prove invaluable.

Smiling slightly Sienna patted Ra Qassar on the back, and her voice took on a slightly warmer tone "No need to apologize, good sir, caution is a virtue. I am a rare exception to the rule of Imperials in shining armour, so your hasteful judgement is not taken with any ill, on the contrary, it is a good code to have, but I assure you, I will do my best to appear different to those whom you hold disdain for."