Fawkes not using melee weapons?

lv1234

Update, reinstalled game as a fresh vanilla file with no dlcs attached and did a hard save. Reattached copy of a test game file involving fawkes and testing with arwen realism (just that) on MO with and without dlc. Fawkes still does the samething.

Update, reinstalled game as a fresh vanilla file with no dlcs attached and did a hard save. Reattached copy of a test game file involving fawkes and testing with arwen realism (just that) on MO with and without dlc. Fawkes still does the samething.

What kind of Hdd do you own? ssd? or sata?

Where is the install location...The exact path?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

arwen realism

​I can't diagnose that mod as it has prerequisites .

The vanilla game with other mods that do not touch Vanilla assets? can be.

ask the author of the mod. "arwen realism"

Edited by Purr4me

arwen realism

I have installed the game and tested it on both an ssd and HDD. The HDD tested in question was a Western digital SATA 7200RPM HDD. The SSD tested was an M2 2280 Crucial SSD

Yeah I've been asking around the arwen realism community to see if anyone has been able to replicate this issue. If there are people having this issue, it is likely something on the mod's end. If it is just me, then it is possible I installed it incorrectly.

arwen realism

I have installed the game and tested it on both an ssd and HDD. The HDD tested in question was a Western digital SATA 7200RPM HDD. The SSD tested was an M2 2280 Crucial SSD

Yeah I've been asking around the arwen realism community to see if anyone has been able to replicate this issue. If there are people having this issue, it is likely something on the mod's end. If it is just me, then it is possible I installed it incorrectly.

Years ago when the mod was released, I too ran into this issue, However, NOTE: this is NOT the only mod that exabits the bug.

There are many mods that change things.

When that sort of bug showed up later, It isolated the mods used. So it's not just that 1 mod.

I always removed the game installation and changed the location of the games source installations.. Both Steam/ CD Rom / GOG sources.

I have the hardware to test on, a lot of hardware.

Sometimes the game install works well, smooth as silk, and sometimes it's pure Junk.

These things show up I know somethings wrong. I stop and go back to the Origins of release dates of installing the game, tools used made at the time of release.

---------

Fallout 3 by it's self on a bad install will exabit the bug. with no mods. that's how I know it is not always the mod.

If that bug gets stuck in a saved game file? it will never go away from that point forward.

So , in sorting out diagnostics, I use an alternate start shack mod to quicken diagnostics. It's Ultra fast to figure out what's wrong.

------------

You will recognize a Good install by the smoothness the game runs .

The key items to keep a watch on is the plugin.txt file. If you use fomm? it marks the plugin.txt file in a different format than the game launcher..

The game launcher always scrambles the load order, that's given. Fomm was once relied on to use a online template, the server is now gone for it's template on github. It's not longer viable to get the correct fallout 3 load order for mods made .

Loot scrambles the games mods when you have more than 40 mods installed.

Then three's Mod organizer 1 and 2 that use a version of loot.

The point is there is always going to be that load order to be required to be correct on a new game no matter what.

It all depends on how you go about things. INI start up's game init files need to be exact.

--------------

fo3 by it's self with no DLC use is bare minimum required to establish a good data base for diagnostics and 1 Mod at a time and testing times.

If a smooth game runs with no mods really smooth and no errors? then you have a good data base to diagnose the mods. But ! you need to use the alternate start mod to verify things work right.

Mods that interfere with fo3's Demo environments can not be involved.

The Demo is the vault 101 beginning.

So any mods that touch the beginning of the game, alter it directly other than the alt start mod you can't use. there's a lot of those types of mods.

Fomm is still usable if you think outside of the box of automation. On launch of any manager, the plugin.txt file is edited by that program. They all write to it.

Fomm, and game setup internally can be forked to line up internal scripting to the main game and DLC content scripting's using foom OR Mod Organizer's 1 or 2 versions.

-------------------------

What do I mean by this ?

When you load the game, the DLC content loads. Due to internal scripting errors made By Bethesda's authors, DLC 02 and DLC 01 are reversed internally.

Alphabetically they respond to the windows environment's and ethos load wrong on games launcher. Fomm, and a few other managers.

Fo3 edit will show you anchorage is DLC 02 and the Pitt is DLC 01 but the load order is shifted so anchorage always loads first. Anchorage is DLC 02 <-----------

---------------

ingame on exit of Vault 101 you pass through the trigger and the DLC's load out of order, quests and stages load out of order. <-------------- to force them to load in the correct order you must enable the DLC's after exiting the vault 101

"ONE AT A TIME "..Thus enabling them to load into your saved game files data base in the Corrected "Load order Pattern." and not internally controlled "out of order structuring."

This give you the ability to correctly diagnose the mods you are inspecting.

The trigger of the loading of the DLC's is only in 1 spot. Vault 101 exit..

I'll try to make sense

load fo3

hard save on extit of vault 101 , Atl F4 out of game. enable anchorage, go into game allow load step forward out into the trigger box

anchorage loads, you wait for all the scripts to complete firing. some times it takes a ew minute's to pass, then hard save. and exit the game

Now you enable the Pitt DLC. and go into the game. walk thru the trigger and allow IT to load and finish loading all of it's quests and messages. hard save and exit.

----

repeat and rinse, once that has bee accomplished and Zeta messages are all finished ? now you hard save that and copy it as a Known Good startup default vanilla game start for a normal game.

If you go the ALT start rout? you still have to trigger the vault 101 exit to get the stages to register in the correct load order pattern.

Not the internal content pattern. watch on load what DLC's load first on exit if you want to understand what's I am referring to with a normally installed GOTY game.

-----------------

By modding logic's you think a new mod with quests load on a new game. That's to be understood.

What every one misses is the GOTY Load outs are scrambled . Buy=t ! you see the load order is in the correct pattern, what you DON'T see is the internal load order as the DLC's or mods Load their contents and scripts.

You must pay attention to on screen messages.

--------------------

Now, this is a ton of insights I can provide you with . It's a lot to take in.

So learn to set up a diagnostic Environment as I laid out here before passing judgments on mods and their operations.

But reports are generated by this fashion Because people do not underrated what the underlying code is.

you only ever see superficial results and never know what there, what's really going on or why.

Kitty Black

arwen realism

Years ago when the mod was released, I too ran into this issue, However, NOTE: this is NOT the only mod that exabits the bug.

There are many mods that change things.

When that sort of bug showed up later, It isolated the mods used. So it's not just that 1 mod.

I always removed the game installation and changed the location of the games source installations.. Both Steam/ CD Rom / GOG sources.

I have the hardware to test on, a lot of hardware.

Sometimes the game install works well, smooth as silk, and sometimes it's pure Junk.

These things show up I know somethings wrong. I stop and go back to the Origins of release dates of installing the game, tools used made at the time of release.

---------

Fallout 3 by it's self on a bad install will exabit the bug. with no mods. that's how I know it is not always the mod.

If that bug gets stuck in a saved game file? it will never go away from that point forward.

So , in sorting out diagnostics, I use an alternate start shack mod to quicken diagnostics. It's Ultra fast to figure out what's wrong.

------------

You will recognize a Good install by the smoothness the game runs .

The key items to keep a watch on is the plugin.txt file. If you use fomm? it marks the plugin.txt file in a different format than the game launcher..

The game launcher always scrambles the load order, that's given. Fomm was once relied on to use a online template, the server is now gone for it's template on github. It's not longer viable to get the correct fallout 3 load order for mods made .

Loot scrambles the games mods when you have more than 40 mods installed.

Then three's Mod organizer 1 and 2 that use a version of loot.

The point is there is always going to be that load order to be required to be correct on a new game no matter what.

It all depends on how you go about things. INI start up's game init files need to be exact.

--------------

fo3 by it's self with no DLC use is bare minimum required to establish a good data base for diagnostics and 1 Mod at a time and testing times.

If a smooth game runs with no mods really smooth and no errors? then you have a good data base to diagnose the mods. But ! you need to use the alternate start mod to verify things work right.

Mods that interfere with fo3's Demo environments can not be involved.

The Demo is the vault 101 beginning.

So any mods that touch the beginning of the game, alter it directly other than the alt start mod you can't use. there's a lot of those types of mods.

Fomm is still usable if you think outside of the box of automation. On launch of any manager, the plugin.txt file is edited by that program. They all write to it.

Fomm, and game setup internally can be forked to line up internal scripting to the main game and DLC content scripting's using foom OR Mod Organizer's 1 or 2 versions.

-------------------------

What do I mean by this ?

When you load the game, the DLC content loads. Due to internal scripting errors made By Bethesda's authors, DLC 02 and DLC 01 are reversed internally.

Alphabetically they respond to the windows environment's and ethos load wrong on games launcher. Fomm, and a few other managers.

Fo3 edit will show you anchorage is DLC 02 and the Pitt is DLC 01 but the load order is shifted so anchorage always loads first. Anchorage is DLC 02 <-----------

---------------

ingame on exit of Vault 101 you pass through the trigger and the DLC's load out of order, quests and stages load out of order. <-------------- to force them to load in the correct order you must enable the DLC's after exiting the vault 101

"ONE AT A TIME "..Thus enabling them to load into your saved game files data base in the Corrected "Load order Pattern." and not internally controlled "out of order structuring."

This give you the ability to correctly diagnose the mods you are inspecting.

The trigger of the loading of the DLC's is only in 1 spot. Vault 101 exit..

I'll try to make sense

load fo3

hard save on extit of vault 101 , Atl F4 out of game. enable anchorage, go into game allow load step forward out into the trigger box

anchorage loads, you wait for all the scripts to complete firing. some times it takes a ew minute's to pass, then hard save. and exit the game

Now you enable the Pitt DLC. and go into the game. walk thru the trigger and allow IT to load and finish loading all of it's quests and messages. hard save and exit.

----

repeat and rinse, once that has bee accomplished and Zeta messages are all finished ? now you hard save that and copy it as a Known Good startup default vanilla game start for a normal game.

If you go the ALT start rout? you still have to trigger the vault 101 exit to get the stages to register in the correct load order pattern.

Not the internal content pattern. watch on load what DLC's load first on exit if you want to understand what's I am referring to with a normally installed GOTY game.

-----------------

By modding logic's you think a new mod with quests load on a new game. That's to be understood.

What every one misses is the GOTY Load outs are scrambled . Buy=t ! you see the load order is in the correct pattern, what you DON'T see is the internal load order as the DLC's or mods Load their contents and scripts.

You must pay attention to on screen messages.

--------------------

Now, this is a ton of insights I can provide you with . It's a lot to take in.

So learn to set up a diagnostic Environment as I laid out here before passing judgments on mods and their operations.

But reports are generated by this fashion Because people do not underrated what the underlying code is.

you only ever see superficial results and never know what there, what's really going on or why.

Kitty Black

Thanks for the advice. Will remember it for future keeping. So far I'm assuming it has something to do with how I installed arwen or maybe it is a common problem, something I will investigate for the time being.

FWE in Combination with MMM will produce the same bug's. A known issue.

As far as that goes?

Based on My selections of the mod installer through Fomm?

Arwen_Med-Tec.esp is the only plugin touching that creature.

Edited by Purr4me

As far as that goes?

Ahh so it's a known issue then.

Interesting, so arwen med-tec is the only plugin touching fawkes?

Update: After removing arwen med-tec, it is still showing the same issue interestingly enough. Did a test copy install of the arwen realism mod and leaving out the med-tec option and loading up a test save and it is still doing the same thing interestingly enough.

Edited by lv1234

As far as that goes?

Update: After removing arwen med-tec, it is still showing the same issue interestingly enough. Did a test copy install of the arwen realism mod and leaving out the med-tec option and loading up a test save and it is still doing the same thing interestingly enough.

The mod's installer has plugins for other mods, in sections.

I only did a quick check, I am not for sure if any of the other plugin's effect the creature "Fawkes".

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
Arwen_Core.esm
Arwen_Realism_Core.esp
Arwen_Med-Tec.esp
Arwen_OneLife_Lite.esp
Arwen_Full_GOTY_Patch.esp
-------------------------------------------
Those are what I tested only. the other choices rely on other mods which I have not installed.
My only interest was arwins base mods.
Now keep in mind, in order to verify true attributes, the tests are all done on new games.
that is the reason I said you need an alt start mod in order to quick check the games funtions.
you can not rip out the followers current code from a save that had the mod installed prior to that test.
here is a test patch for fawkes:
load that last and test. It should by reasoning override all above it.
Also inspect the patch VIA fo3edit and view the all "referenced By tab.
Al though you may see other references...those come in through scripts. That's why they are in this package.
let me know what happens.

As far as that goes?

The mod's installer has plugins for other mods, in sections.

I only did a quick check, I am not for sure if any of the other plugin's effect the creature "Fawkes".

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
Arwen_Core.esm
Arwen_Realism_Core.esp
Arwen_Med-Tec.esp
Arwen_OneLife_Lite.esp
Arwen_Full_GOTY_Patch.esp
-------------------------------------------
Those are what I tested only. the other choices rely on other mods which I have not installed.
My only interest was arwins base mods.
Now keep in mind, in order to verify true attributes, the tests are all done on new games.
that is the reason I said you need an alt start mod in order to quick check the games funtions.
you can not rip out the followers current code from a save that had the mod installed prior to that test.
here is a test patch for fawkes:
load that last and test. It should by reasoning override all above it.
Also inspect the patch VIA fo3edit and view the all "referenced By tab.
Al though you may see other references...those come in through scripts. That's why they are in this package.
let me know what happens.

So start a new vanilla test game install up until vault 101 exit. Then do the DLC enable one by one thing. and after that load the suspect mods and add your patch as the last load order? And also load up the "problem" saves too after that?

Also arwen realism does require a new save from the entire beginning as stated in the mod, will that affect our troubleshooting?

Edited by lv1234