Game went to Hell

shadowfx78

Well here goes. My game has been running perfectly fine until today. Im a fairly competent modder i know bout merged patches and all the ins and outs of installing mods. but what has me bugged is my game was running just fine now my pipboy readius is gone no mesh ( i think thats what the big red ! means?) darnui is messed up. my leather armor is invisible. please someone help me fix this stuff its like all my stuff got ran over by a lawnmower. and i cant seem to fix it by reinstalling things. and yeah i have toggled archive invalidation off and on. please help.....

you have an Operating system video display driver issue, it sounds like the data is fragmented. a lawnmower? do tell? any pictures of the most hellish bad messed up stuff you can muster, post it please.

kitty.

I do have a question should i constantly update my graphics drivers or use the ones specifically for my graphics card even though they are a few years old?

you must maintain as close to the games source data as possible, that means if your new drivers don't know what the data is from an old game? well, it's gonna tear it up something bad.

you have choices. you can maintain an updating theme and roll that dice, or stick with what Microsoft says you need, they have drivers their company made for your equipment, OR you read your manufactures threads for your cards drivers and keep up with the changes made, and the bad things too. you need to make these choices, ME, I can't advise to do or not. 5 years from now, I doubt any machines will even run these games.

the shot shown is a corrupted executable or bsa archive, a possible lock on a file in the system. it randomly seeks all textures for any object like it has no idea what to use so it grabs it all to just display something. an instruction is missing some where. You can also have had the mod manager make a copy , a hidden copy and that is whats loading on you. IF you are using any mod managers, uninstall all of them, reboot ,clean the system registry and reboot.

download and install fomm 12.6 only , the old version and recheck the data in the game. protect the existing fomods by moving them out of where your presently storing them that the manager is using as a source, so when you do, they stay put and you don't have to re-download all of them.

when done. you simply move these fomods back into the folder where the new one goes, but 1rst install just one mod you can track, locate and then place these into where that one gets stashed..

yeah, that's problem is from outside the game. been there too many times to count, I forget some times too.

Kitty.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I had to respond to this thread as I am having similar issues.

Game has been pretty solid up until the past week, which was also the time I upgraded my video card from a 660ti to a GeForce Titan

I thought it was mod conflicts, and I made a thread about it here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1012467-last-ditch-effort-help-with-load-order-other-issues/

You think this is same issues as OP?

On top of this I can't move to exterior cells.

I updated drivers when I got the new card. 20+ other games run fine, including a heavily modded Skyrim.

Pisses me off, been messing with this for the past week. I love my modded FO3 and I really wanna get this fixed.

HELP

Hey,I had to respond to this thread as I am having similar issues.

Game has been pretty solid up until the past week, which was also the time I upgraded my video card from a 660ti to a GeForce Titan

I thought it was mod conflicts, and I made a thread about it here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1012467-last-ditch-effort-help-with-load-order-other-issues/

You think this is same issues as OP?

On top of this I can't move to exterior cells.

I updated drivers when I got the new card. 20+ other games run fine, including a heavily modded Skyrim.

Pisses me off, been messing with this for the past week. I love my modded FO3 and I really wanna get this fixed.

HELP

ok, I read the other thread. What this looks like is a pixel setting of the new cards involvements. leave the games it is, put back in your old card, reboot and recheck all the original settings with the old card.

Write them down. in game (old card) look at the graphics settings. set them one at a time on a good loading saved game file. all you need to do is verify the equipment drivers are not the cause here, as it appears they are. Some cards read your monitor incorrectly, give the graphics display a setting outside a range the game can not to process. So, in a windows environment, the Fake Dos box is set to the display drivers themes, if they are not right? then the games setting won't match. another way to tell this is, while in game, you console a command and can not see the text on the left side of the screen where you are typing. In game there are 3 at least to test .out side , desktop, start out with the highest settings first, use either the games launcher or fomm graphics picker, see if these two match. If fomm does not have a pixel setting showing, you have a hardware conflict with the games engine. the launcher may have the settings greyed out on the new card. The game , in the root where the exe for it resides, has in there a file that shows what ranges the game can run at from a default setup. all of these must be setup in order , 1,2,3,4,5 and so on for that card before playing around with tweaks. the game needs a basis to work with. if it's all blank? well it's not gonna work 800x600 on fallout3 reset to new hardware will make the NPC's stiff, no animation. in game settings need to be changed but only if it is a match to the display settings first. The new card has / should have gaming presets. try them after doing all of this here.

I respond to save you the hassle of reinstalling all of the game stuff as it won't matter if you do not know about it.

kitty