Elder Scrolls VI

Bignuts12

In no particular order, from someone who's only played Oblivion and Skyrim:

1. A better focus on story and characters. They get a lot of flack these days, but BioWare are still the masters of character design in RPGs, and it honestly doesn't even feel like Bathesda tries in this department. I would like, at the very least, followers to have much richer personalities, unique voice actors, etc., but all major characters should be just as detailed.

As far as story is concerned, I'd like more balance in scale. I'm not sure how they could pull it off without messing with the sandbox nature of the game, but it really irks me when I'll do a quest for a Daedric Prince, then finish the main quest (which always includes some huge, epic event), maybe do a quest involving an Elder Scroll, and then be asked to kill skeevers or pick flowers. Overall they could just lower the amount of amazing things we do (not saving the world, no more interaction with what are essentially gods, etc.), but I know that would piss off a lot of people.

2. Better AI. They are making progress (no more telepathic guards, bounties being removed if you kill the last witness, etc.), but the world is still full of silly things like guards attacking you for killing a chicken and people pulling knives on you for accidentally stealing a block of cheese.

3. This might be unpopular, but I would prefer a more traditional RPG leveling process. Experience points, attributes, hotbars, etc. I mostly want this because it would be easier to balance dynamically scaling enemies, which is currently a plague on the combat system in my opinion. Few things are more annoying than running into the single bandit in a dungeon that takes 30 hits to kill yet kills you in 2, or turning a corner only to be one-shot by a fireball from across the room. Similarly, there's nothing more boring than reaching that mystical point where your character is now too powerful. Utilizing even the basic crafting skills in the game makes you near invulnerable.

4. Better player dialog. I never feel like my character has a personality in a TES game. I'm rarely allowed to be virtuous, evil, sarcastic, smart, stupid, or really anything interesting. Dialog options are the barest bones required to tell a story: simple "yes" and "no" responses and basic questions are all we get most of the time.

5. I don't want to become the leader of every single faction in the land. Can't I just remain a relative nobody, or just an adventurer? If you don't join and subsequently lead the factions in Skyrim, you miss out on a huge chunk of the game. But what if my character does not have aspirations to lead one faction, let alone 4+ at once?

I just hope they can improve on the storyline options. When you get sneak skills and take over the thiefs guild, your activities there and your members should be how you resolve all the mainquest stuff. Also they make you run back and forth for every damn thing, but none of that adventuring feels like a quest except when you get to the place. Why doesn't boethiah or anyone else try and get in your way, or whatever.

The only other thing they need to improve next time is better difficulty pacing.

I guess, stealth was rubbish unmodded.

Armour isn't great for gaming, but it's fine for rp so at bit of work there too perhaps.

Last one, if you're not going to try with bosses then just replace them with really hard raid type events.

As long as it's not like teso, massive monsters with even bigger hitboxes all over the place.

- Compatibility: I think Bethesda could do much more to remove notorious glitches before the game is officially launched. It could even go further to make the game 100% friendly for modding compatibility.

- Lonely Skyrim: I think one of the things that would make ES VI much better than its predecessors is to have a LARGE array of random encounters to keep the environment interactive and alive. I'm not just talking about a few more sabre cats between forests, but some much more complicated elements. I sadly always finish an ES game faster than I would have liked so more post-main storyline material is desparately needed.

- Dragons: They were such an awesome element, and honestly I kind of hope they come back in at least some smaller form, ESPECIALLY since Bethesda decided to can all their remaining DLC ideas for Skyrim. I will truly miss the dragon-lore.

I of course second all the above improvement ideas too ^^^

Edited by Halithorn

Colourful graphics, I actually feel depress when playing Skyrim with its default colours. I already have the depression and playing skyrim makes it intensive. that's one of reasons I gave up the Skyrim a couple of months ago and then started playing some action, adventures like Resident Evil 6. and I hope it will be more filled with people ,animals, towns. now look at the Whiterun, it's one of majors cities but there are hardly any people. but if you watch any movie about medieval age there're a lot of people in cities. Skyrim wants to be improved a lot I believe.

There are the obvious things, bug fixes, more likable characters, more voice actors, that I definitely second in saying that they could go a long way. However...

====MINOR=SPOILERS=BELOW====

I'm not too good at making spoiler tags and I feel the need to cite specific examples to best express my opinion.

I kinda want to see more initiative taken on making the big bad characters as big and bad as they should be. I thought that the Alduin fight wasn't really that great in terms of being the 'final boss' of the game; of course, you aren't just supposed to stop as soon as you 'beat the game', but the Alduin fight basically seemed the same as any other dragon with the addition of 3 good companions fighting with you and the unique storm call shout. I liked how Skuldafn led up to it, but the world eater wasn't a memorable fight.

That being said, I thought that Harkon was alright as a DLC boss, but Miraak was done really well as a boss. The whole lead-up to a showdown in Apocrypha was cool, I thought. I also liked fighting someone else, namely the only other person on equal footing as you, the first Dragonborn. I remember thinking that Ulfric Stormcloak could have been more interesting since he is one of very few people who can actually shout, yet the fight was just boring to me. I think that in general, there should be more interesting fights in general. You fight one dragon, and you've fought them all. There weren't that many memorable fights. Of course, there were some; just not maybe enough with variety.