Ranger Clint - An advanced Ghoul companion mod

spartenkiller897

Clint and YOU!  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Ranger Clint?

• He's sounds super cool, I can't wait for him!
    • He sounds interesting, but I need more details.
    • Lame...
    • Stupid, he should be a normal human.
  2. 2. Some features will be cut from the mod, which do you think should stay (if any)?

• Hireable mercenaries in the ghoul town
    • Stand-Alone patches to reduce load order size
    • An adoption Clinic for you and Clint after the 4th quest (that's the romance quest)
    • Clint gets mad at you for destroying Lukesville (if you do), and leaves you (Unless under special circumstances).
  3. 3. What more would you like to know about the mod?

• Clint's Personality
    • All of the questlines
    • All of the features
    • The ghoul town Lukesville
    • The NPCs
    • Nothing, I want it all to be a surprise!

I will say that it sounded hm, a little smooth and young for him? But I mean considering you're not yourself a sixty year old ghoul that's to be expected :sweat:

Wasn't bad though! Ghouls are tough to do voice work for, you kinda gotta sound like you're battling throat cancer and gargling glass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:

So here is what's new:

• Pre-rendered Cut Scenes have been made for the ending of Clint's first quest
  • Clint's Third Quest is roughly 20% complete
  • Clint's third quest has been split into 3 different quests
  • The Lukesville underground was scrapped and is being replaced with the beautiful modders resource, Understone
  • Changes to Clint's dialogue

I plan on getting a LOT of work done this Thanksgiving, and hopefully be able to film another developer blog to talk about all of the new changes. I wanna thank all of you for sticking around and supporting the mod's development, your feedback and input is what keeps me going and why this mod will be my masterpiece. I once heard teenagers where bad mod authors, and I wanna be proof that is not true.

I thought the voice acting was great. Reminded me of some of the ghouls from Fallout 3 (considering there weren't nearly enough ghouls in New Vegas to compare to)

I'm excited so far; keep up the great work!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't posted any news in a while, so here is a short...

UPDATE:

Development was slow for the longest time mostly because of school, but now that winter break has arrived, Progress should skyrocket! So far:

• The first part in the 3 part quest is nearly finished
  • Some more misc changes to dialogue
  • Optimization of various quest elements
  • Implementation of the pre-rendered video is underway

Next week I plan on releasing a developer blog, probably around Wednesday, Friday at the latest. As for the release of the Ranger Clint Beta 3.0, I plan for that to be ready around the 27th. The Beta 3 will only be accessible to people in the Ranger Clint Beta Testing program, which is still open for more testers if you are interested.

As for an estimated release date, I'm just going say this: "It'll be released when it's done, and that'll be before the release of Fallout 4". I would like to start voice acting around march, but at this point I can't tell if that's realistic or not. I'll keep you updated like I always have and I just wanna thank all of you for taking an interest in this project and following along this LONG journey. You guys are awesome and what keeps me motivated to work on this mod! :thumbsup:

Edited by spartenkiller897

The Ranger Clint Developer blog will be up sometime tonight, I can't say for sure when, but it will be up soon. In other news, I made a poll a few weeks back to get YOUR input on the future of Clint and where to take it. Here are the results:

-> When asked if Lukesville should be in it's own worldspace, 20% were in favor, 80% said whatever works best, and one playtester said that Lukesville was harder to run with lower specs.

• It seems Lukesville only works with 4GB enabled in it's current state. Because of this, I will place Lukesville in it's own world space around the Beta 4 or 5 release (which should be in February).

-> When asked if the mod should be released later with more dialogue options or sooner with less, 40% were in favor of a postponed release and 60% were in favor of a sooner release with a dialogue patch.

• With this information, I will likely wait till the hulk of the mod is complete ( around a Beta 7 or 8 ) to decide, but I assure you, there will be lots of diverse dialogue with Clint

-> When asked about developer blog, 40% said release them once a week and %60 said release them as needed.

• With this, I've decided to really try hard on getting done. So, I've decided to make them once every other week or twice a month. I'll also improve the overall quality of each one, to make them more bearable.
Edited by spartenkiller897