please take down "dragon break 1" and "dragon break 2"

bigdaddycool9999

hello.

i just wanted to politely ask to remove those two files here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48745/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50545/?

both "dragon break" mods have content ripped from one of my mods included, i never gave permission for using my stuff to the author. pure coincidence i noticed it at all.

anyhow, the author has been banned already, quite frankly i dont know why his mods are still available here, if hed not have been banned already id have requested that too.

i noticed his mods are also on another site, i will go there now with the same demand.

thx for your cooperation in advance, after all mod-theft is theft, no matter if stuff is ripped from a game or another modders work.

and before you ask: no, i dont upload any of my mods here. and i have no intention to change that decision.

greetings.

Edited by bigdaddycool9999

hey again.

i have a small update.

ive found the original author of those two mods. after confronting him, he confessed, and promised me to fix this by removing my content from his mod. after a couple of messages (including an apoloy) exchanged that is fine with me. BUT ... he cant update the version here. and this brings pretty much a couple of problems. he has no intention to ever upload any mod here again, and said that if he could he would take down his mods here immediately. after further asking where his pretty obvious hate towards nexus came from, he stated his opinion on nexus not removing mods that violate the nexus terms of service, but simply generate enough clicks / income. i dont know if this is the case, and it also doesnt matter to me.

what matters to me is that i now have a confession from the author that those mods contents as they are uploaded here on nexus violate my own rights. since he got banned here i wont press any charges against him, under the circumstances that he fixes his violations on the other places his mod is uploaded, which i will watch very closely, since he has no chance of deleting his uploaded files here, i cant blame him for any delay that occurs with every hour those two skyrim mods stay online here.

what i further have is a nice screenshot from one of the highly appreciated admins here reading my post above this one, The Vampire Dante. so theres no way that my reports / demand to delete those files hasnt been noticed yet.

i dont care what you do to others, not my business. but here you have right now files uploaded, that simply are illegal to be uploaded here. and after all germany, as well as the uk, follows european laws guidelines. in other words, i wont follow this post, and i will not reply any private messages here.

what i will do though, is consult my lawyer (that i dont have to pay because i have an excellent insurance) in the forseeable future if i still notice that this file is available for download here, in which case i will sue for compensation. right has to be right, and copyright is also copyright. this is my last message concerning this topic here.

take those two mods down. asap. the day some internet-pirate steals my stuff without compensation didnt come yet, and wont come soon, promised.

greetings.

actually i did this already. even the creator would take this mod down immediately if he could, which he cant due to being banned. both files have been reported 3 times each, after all its several violations that we face here. and on further not, i send a message to thaldir referencing this thread here.

i know he read it, i have also a screenshot from him reading this thread.

i will send 3 more pms to moderators / admins during the day, frequently checking if the file is still available here. but, this is a gesture of friendship. actually we have law-firms over here that are specialized on copyright infringements, you know, those companies that fetch kids downloading a mp3 and then send them bills for hundreds / thousands of euros, i just want this file down and dont care for money since i have more than enough.

after a short phonecall with my lawyer this morning he gave me a couple of names and adresses of those firms, i just finished sorting my files, got another mail from the mods author, put screenshots and messages together, and will send all that by mail to those firms in a few days with a declaration of me that states that they can keep all profit they make from this. which is pretty much how its done with mp3s, its not about getting money from it, its about taking down and hurting pirates as much as possible.

files on nexus that shouldnt be here because they violate legal rights = makes nexus a pirate, and as such i will consider it if this matter isnt solved very soon.

thank you robin, done already.

anyhow, even you have read about this now, and theres no better evidence than a nice screenshot of the site owner noticing my request. delete those two mods asap. if you think i now start long conversations and send dozens of pms to staff over the course of a couple of days, maybe with specific persons hoping for me to make a mistake, youre wrong.

i dont want those 2 mods here. the author doesnt want those 2 mods here. according to european right its illegal for nexus to host those 2 mods here. and its not up to anyone here to make a decision about this matter.

thx again for your reply, always happy read your posts.

It'll be handled in due course following our pre-existing processes. If you think a lawyer is going to prosecute after 10 hours and 20 minutes of inactivity then good luck. Since you are threatening with lawyers you will receive no further direct communication from me in this regard. I look forward to hearing from your lawyer on the matter.

PS. it looks like the staff have already PM'd you about your request, requiring more information. If you had provided more information about what assets had actually been stolen in the first place then the process would be expedited substantially. As it is, if we removed mods based on someone simply saying something was stolen, with no proof, there'd be a lot less mods on this site. Quite easy to understand if you think about it!