CTD when loading custom worldspace map from interior

samv96UK

I've come across a particularly irritating bug while developing one of my mods, and would be very thankful if someone who may have experienced something similar knows why it is happening.

I have a fairly large custom worldspace that is also the parent worldspace of a couple of smaller worldspaces. To put a long story short, there are a lot of interiors that can be entered and thus share the same LOD map. Everything is fine if I go into an interior and open the world map- it opens and works as desired. However, if I make a save in that interior, quit the game, then restart Skyrim and load the save, the world map will not open. The game will simply CTD without warning.

I cannot understand why this may be happening, as I am working on two worldspace mods simultaneously and the other does not have this problem. It seems to me that the game does not remember which worldspace you entered the interior from if you quit and reload, thus causing a crash when it cannot figure out which LOD map to load.

Any suggestion entirely welcome, I can try and explain better or upload a video if anyone thinks it will help them understand.

Thank you!

Edit: not sure if it has something to do with my land LOD, when I generate it in oscape the "target of max. resolution" is '256000 (1/2 of 666 per tile)' instead of '256000 (1/1 of 1000 per tile)'. Could this strange generation type be what's causing the issue?

Edited by samv96UK

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to make a bump, but does anyone know? Would hate to have a bug like this in the released mod but if I can't solve it then it will have to be that way!

I have similar problem, everything is normal until I created an interior and get in and out. It does not crash immediately but crashes while waiting or entering to map from skyrim or plays quite a while than crushes suddenly.

Have you found solution yet?

Unfortunately I haven't, I'm finding this such a big issue to tackle (I even went as far as to begin creating the worldspace from scratch only to find another similar issue, wherein I physically could not generate land LOD for the world). This is getting so bad I'm actually considering dropping Rochebere, a whole 2 years work.

Edited by samv96UK

I have tried my mod in my daughters slightly modded (Unofficial Patches) clean install. By using her charcater, I have observed that there were no problem at all. I started to think it is either some mode I am using or there is something problematic with my original save. It may help solving the problem.